Back-End Engineer, Exchange
Blockchain.com is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for software engineers with a proven track record in building scalable, reliable and performant systems. You will play a critical role in evolving the Exchange gateway. This system must reactively and reliably deliver data between the core trading platform and front end applications, with low-latency requirements to meet SLAs.
Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution and shipping. We are looking for software engineers who care about software excellence, are advocates of best practices and love learning new skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build distributed, scalable and highly performant, (soft real-time) software to handle our rapidly growing user base using the most appropriate languages and tools
- Be a part of a dedicated engineering team committed to rapidly shipping, and iterating on products that directly impact millions of users
- Be at the forefront of the cryptocurrency ecosystem building out a new set of financial services, systems and architecture
- Work extensively with open source technologies (Kafka, Cassandra, PostgreSQL)
- Ensure security is at the forefront of everything you do, employing advanced encryption schemes to secure user and company data
- Work within interdisciplinary teams to continually deliver the highest quality products to our users
- Optimize existing systems for scalability, extensibility and performance whilst building out reusable, modular code for use across Blockchain’s products
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 7 years of back-end experience with at least one JVM based language such as Java, Kotlin, Scala
- Tools and frameworks, which helps to deal with concurrency and distributed systems related issues, like Vert.X, Akka, Quarkus, Micronaut, etc
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity
- You possess an innate curiosity, are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies
- You have experience building and shipping highly-available, fault tolerant, low latency, scalable architectures (distributed systems)
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale systems
- An appreciation of the entire stack (including but not limited to front-end service-oriented architecture, message brokers, databases, network layers, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options
Pay Transparency Notice: At Blockchain.com, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For individuals performing work in the United States, the target annual salary for this position can range from $120,000 to $170,000, and your actual pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location, as well as internal equity and market data.
We also offer benefits that include medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, paid parental leave, flexible paid time off. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses, and full-time employees will receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Note: Blockchain.com benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.Apply Now
$120,000 - $170,000
| Remote | United States / United Kingdom, Europe
09 November 2022Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let Blockchain.com know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.