Backend Engineer (Golang)
Hi, we’re token.com. Our goal is to create the most captivating onboarding to the token universe. We intend to do so in a way that makes tokens come to life, and leaves people feeling surprised and with a sense of wonder. Here at token.com we recognise the positive value of diversity, we promote equality and challenge discrimination. We actively encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
We’re a high-performance team of around 45 people. We have freedom and responsibility, a culture that encourages innovation, offers ownership and embraces knowledge sharing. We are now working as a team first, remote friendly company, arranging monthly get-togethers and regular team retreats. We also have a co-working space in London for collaboration and socialising.
We’re looking for a Golang Engineer to join our fantastic engineering team. You’ll be critical to developing our customer-facing products and the behind-the-scenes systems required for us to offer these products.
Our values Think Big, Think Together and Think Iconic are at the core of everything we do to allow us to enable extraordinary outcomes! So what does that look like for this role? We think a little bit like this:
Think Big – you will be critical in enabling us to deliver products on a global scale. You will be ambitious and ready to achieve audacious goals for yourself and the team!
Think Iconic – the work that you do will allow us to have a leading product in our industry!
Think Together – you will be working with other engineers and the wider team to help us create and develop a world class product.
The skills and experience we think you’ll need for this role:
- You’ll be competent developing in Golang
- Experienced working with version control software (i.e. Git)
- Able to reason about software and systems in other medium, such as proposal documents
- You’re a legendary commuinicator – you balance talking and listening, both individually and within your team
- A passion for creating and sustaining an excellent product experience
- You’ll enable other departments to achieve their goals, where they overlap with the systems we develop
- Iteratively deliver product features by collaborating with the squad and wider organisation
- You’ll have experience developing within a microservices architecture
- You’ll be motivated to do great things
- Prideful in delivering an excellent product experience
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing startup
- You take ownership of your work, from initial plans to release and maintenance
- You love working autonomously and you’re able to manage your own time effectively
- You can write testable code
- Solution focussed and pragmatic!
- You’ll be a fan of working together, for example through the code review process and have experience of being collaborative with product owners, mobile engineers and the wider teams!
Nice to haves!
- You’ve had experience working with sensitive, incorruptible data (money movements, bank details)
- You’re experienced working in hexagonal architecture
- You have experience working with GoMock
- You tactically program but you’re a strategic programmer at heart (we love a 75-25 split)
- You write code with future product iterations in mind
What we offer you!
Our team members are rewarded well!
UK employees are offered the below, and we will aim for similar elsewhere:
- Private health insurance with all the fun extras (with options for your family too!)
- A training & development budget that helps you to grow with token.com
- 25 days holiday plus local public holidays
- Flexible working hours (we care about your output, not when you rock up or clock out)
- Excellent paid maternity and paternity leave
- Working from home budget
- Top of the range hardware
- The option to receive some of your salary in crypto
$100,000 - $160,000 *
| Remote | London, England
23 October 2022Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let token.com know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.