At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours – where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’ve raised a total of $458 million to help us achieve this mission from investors such as Blockchain Capital, Dragonfly Capital, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Variant, Andreessen Horowitz (“a16z”), and many more. This includes $200 million dedicated to an ecosystem fund coming from BitDAO.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter.
Matter labs is looking for a Communications Manager to execute an integrated media relations and communication strategy to drive positive brand awareness, attract new users, and elevate industry thought leadership across top-tier and trade platforms (including top-tier digital press, trade publications, podcasts and events).
As Communications Manager you will be reporting into the Media Relations Lead and be working on how we tell our story at a very exciting time. This role is a great opportunity to really influence as a business how we create and create compelling campaigns that will shape the narrative around Crypto.
Your role will widely vary but an outline of those responsibilities includes
- Execute a proactive media relations strategy to secure a steady cadence of positive coverage
- Support on media relations planning and execution for product announcements, commentary, thought leadership profiles and company initiatives
- Secure and staff in-person media interviews at key industry conferences
- Manage reactive press needs, including inbound inquiries and requests
- Work closely with external partners and customers to do joint announcements, build case studies, and infuse their voices into our campaigns
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and influencers
- Conduct regular storymining to uncover storytelling opportunities
- Work cross functionally across Product and Marketing also including with our leadership and Media Relations Lead to secure opportunities to tell our story
- Work with our Copywriters to write press releases, blog posts, partnership announcements, key messages and contribute to all our externally facing communication
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Public Relations, Communication or Media Relations experience ideally in the crypto/payments/fintech industries/B2B technology
- Expert knowledge of financial/crypto, Web3 media landscape is a massive plus
- Proven media relations skills
- A strategic thinker with the motivation and drive to own and execute initiatives
- Proactive and relentless go-getter
- Work independently and collaborate with remote global marketing team members
- Fluent English speaker and writing communication skills
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.Apply Now