If you are interested in web3, this is your opportunity to join the Foundation of a leading blockchain ecosystem and have a front row seat to learning about DeFi, NFTs, gaming, and cross chain use cases. You will also learn from and work with a veteran team in an ecosystem that is full of great teams and communities (see: https://www.dtmb.xyz/).
The Moonbeam Foundation is looking for a Community Manager to join the Foundation team to support and grow the Moonbeam community. Moonbeam (https://moonbeam.network/) is a layer-1 blockchain focused on interoperability use cases that offers an EVM-compatible environment for developing cross-chain scenarios. Moonbeam is also deployed as a parachain on Polkadot and serves as a key part of the Polkadot ecosystem (https://polkadot.network/). The purpose of this role is to engage with, support, and grow the global Moonbeam community and ecosystem.
The Community Manager will drive the development and growth of the Moonbeam community. The main responsibility of this role is to develop and implement strategies to engage, educate, and activate the community. The Community Manager will coordinate community-based initiatives, including recruitment, onboarding, and managing the Moonbeam ambassador program, which boasts over 2000 participants from over 20 countries. In addition, the community manager will also organize and oversee community and ecosystem engagement initiatives like events, educational activities, governance participation, and market expansion. Finally, the Community Manager plays a vital role in being the point of communication between the Moonbeam Foundation and the global community.
The ideal candidate is outgoing and energetic, with minimum 3 years of experience in community management roles. Web3 experience, including knowledge of Polkadot, Ethereum, and DeFi, is a big bonus. This role offers an opportunity for qualified candidates with strong backgrounds to enter the web3 space and to learn from a veteran and close-knit team.
The Moonbeam Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to develop and grow Moonbeam as a decentralized network. We expect you to bring your ideas, experience, and knowledge to help the Moonbeam network grow. Reach out to us if you are interested in helping to drive a multichain future where blockchains interoperate with each other to enable new, software-native ways of creating value and coordinating people.
- Develop and execute community engagement and growth strategies that align with Moonbeam’s mission and goals.
- Spearhead an overhaul of the ambassador program & improve day-to-day operations of the program, including better onboarding processes/materials, and improved communication tools so we’re able to keep in constant communication with the most engaged community members.
- Rethink the way that ambassadors engage with Moonbeam, from community calls to rewards. How can we better identify our most promising community members?
- Plan and organize virtual and in-person events and activities to engage with the Moonbeam community, and ecosystem projects.
- Create challenges, bounties, and projects that elicit the best of our community members, including content creation (like the recent “GM Moonbeam” social campaigns) and other social-media driven user-generated content (UCG).
- Devise strategies to drive community engagement within public forums and on community issues such as referenda being voted on in governance
- Own all community channels across major chat channels including Telegram and Discord. Help anticipate questions to major initiatives and help recruit new community-based moderators and other resources as needed to keep up the pace.
- Manage the expansion of Moonbeam, including translating content into other languages, guiding ambassadors to generate initiatives worldwide, and maintaining relationships with a variety of community members. Serve as a vocal advocate for emerging regions and communities with growth potential for the Foundation to watch.
- Be the voice of the community for important issues and topics within the Foundation and to other key stakeholders, helping improve Moonbeam and Moonriver.
- Monitor, participate, and report on community conversations that lead to product improvements and more engagement. Anticipate challenges and develop responses where possible to help recruit community moderators to field questions as volume dictates.
- Foster a positive and inclusive community culture through active moderation strategy and policies, as well as conflict resolution tactics.
- Work closely with other ecosystem service providers and team members to coordinate community support for key initiatives.
- Continuously learn web3 trends, technologies, protocols, use cases, and staying current with Moonbeam technical developments and roadmap.
- Establish and maintain relationships with a variety of community members and be their main Foundation point of contact via telegram, discord, and online meetings.
- Communicate regularly and clearly, verbally and in written form, with other team members and also with other partners, vendors, and community members.
- Negotiate deals with partners, projects, and be able to carry the conversation with project founders of leading protocols.
- Participate in public governance discussions for initiatives and important on-chain referendums.
- Quarterly and annual goal setting and tracking activity against commitments.
- Deep interest and knowledge of web3 and blockchain space is a must have.
- 3 years of experience in community management, with a proven track record of building and growing engaged communities.
- Familiarity with Moonbeam, its community and ecosystem is highly desirable, along with knowledge of Polkadot, Ethereum and DeFi.
- Passion and curiosity for the NFT and web3 gaming spaces are a plus.
- Strong and interpersonal skills with the natural ability to connect people all the time and maintain positive relationships.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a talent for simplifying complex concepts in a clear and accessible way.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work effectively under pressure, managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to changing market conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience working in the blockchain or similar technology-focus companies is a bonus, but not required.
$40,000 - $100,000 *
| Remote | Singapore
09 April 2023Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let Moonbeam know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.