What is Across?
Across is an optimistic cross-chain bridge protocol that allows users to execute transactions between chains nearly instantaneously. This is accomplished by using an optimistic oracle, bonded relayers, and single-sided liquidity pools.
Who is behind Across?
Across is built using UMA’s optimistic oracle. Our growing team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed?
We’re a cross-chain bridge that prides itself on its speed, security and low fees.
- Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
- We’re a global team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent.
- We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors.
We’re looking for a Community Manager who is seeking an opportunity to strengthen, grow, and shape the Across community. This person is passionate about DeFi and the ethos of web3, and uses that passionate to motivate and inspire others to be an active part of the ecosystem. Immersing yourself in the community, creating opportunities for delightful experiences, and incentivizing action are things that you find joy in!
- Build community: Shape and grow a passionate community of evangelists that benefit from using our technology, and want to grow the ecosystem
- Support token holders: Support, nurture, and expand the $ACX token holder ecosystem and governance participation
- Collaborate: Work closely with communications, community, and product teammates to align on and implement growth strategies
- Actively Engage: pride yourself on timely responses and enthusiastically organize, managing and facilitate events and audio calls (ie., twitter spaces, etc.)
- At least 6 months experience in DAO governance or DAO project management in any capacity
- High EQ: promote a community culture of kindness, positivity, and inclusivity
- Ability to use your depth of knowledge around DeFi, blockchain, and oracles and translate complex concepts to various audiences
- Expert in navigating Discord, Discourse and other forums, and Twitter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, multiple languages is of course an asset
- UMA’s pay packages include competitive salaries & meaningful token options. Salaries for this role range from $40-80k (USD), and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in.
Still want to know more?
- Our team at UMA blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, developers and community builders with a traditional finance pedigree. Our fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn talent from Google, Ernst & Young, IBM and Goldman Sachs. We’re a decentralized protocol governed by community members across the globe in a DAO, and supported by Risk Labs Foundation.
- We value economic freedom, integrity, and taking smart risks. You’ll succeed at UMA if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and passionate about building impactful tools to make finance more equitable.
- UMA is a remote-first international team and we support everyone to create an environment where they can do their best work. UMA teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to create an environment where they are happy, healthy, and inspired. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
- You will not get bored at UMA. The OO empowers unlimited ideas, products, services and protocols. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving.
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Risk Labs, the employing entity, is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplaces. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align we encourage you to apply anyways. We value you taking the chance. Risk labs will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now