Community Manager – Compute Over Data
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity’s most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (web3, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
- Define and run developer existing & new community programs for Bacalhau. Use data and insights to drive key developer outreach decisions. Explore how to best leverage acquisition channels and execute community growth campaigns
- Build strategic relationships with the developer community. Create and engage in conversations with the community online. Respond to queries, ensure audience engagement and social media channels are fully maximized – Pitch ideas on improving our community members’ experience.
- Experiment with various audiences, messages, and platforms to bring in our first developer community and begin to build toward exponential growth
- Identify and nurture community advocates, and give them the resources they need to help support their community with our technologies.
- Developing, conducting, and maintaining market research. Collect feedback from external sources, developers, and internal teams to help inform efforts across the channels developers trust and frequent.
- Schedule and deliver recurrent informative and engaging content on Developer Relations campaigns across multiple channels. Help carry out Developer Relations events and meet with professional developers to build relationships and gain an excellent understanding of developer needs
- Own the Developer Relations Team’s content calendar and help coordinate events
- Help in researching, developing, and delivering an integrated marketing strategy (including branding, online, PR, and social media) to support the developer funnel
- Identifying, negotiating, and managing suitable partnerships for Bacalhau, including promotional opportunities and events like conferences, hackathons, summits, and working with online influencers
- Anything else that helps bring our project to the world and gets feedback from actual users
Ideal candidates will have…
- Extremely strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with developer community management (e.g., event/conferences, meetup groups, online community. etc.), and developer marketing.
- Ideally, you already have some knowledge of the blockchain ecosystem and/or experience collaborating with the web3 community.
- You have experience developing a brand and brand voice in an early-stage or growth-stage startup environment as a lead or primary contributor
- You’re excited about an early stage environment that is fast-paced, minimally structured, and built around individual responsibility and autonomy
- Commitment to building an open, diverse, and inclusive developer community
- Proficiency in evaluating Developer Relations analytics through Slack, Forums, and Github.
- Enjoys meeting people and have networking skills
- Experience with creating highly technical content, tutorials, and blogs.
- Experience speaking at conferences, developer summits, or virtual events.
- Experience working in or managing open-source software communities.
- Experience teaching, writing, or hosting workshops.
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs’ mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.Apply Now