Community Manager (m/w/d)
The role and a bit about us
The role presents an opportunity to become an integral part of the Marketing team at peaq, with plenty of room to help shape a new machine economy by the community for the community.
If that sounds exciting, keep reading!
We are looking for a semi-seasoned Community Manager who will be responsible for moderating, engaging with, and growing peaq network communities across various Social Media channels (especially Twitter, Discord, and Telegram).
We are a team of hungry entrepreneurs and engineers driven by the opportunity to have a tangible, real-world impact. We have the tech, team, and timing to transform the corporate-controlled Internet of Things into a people-powered Economy of Things, positively shaping our collective future in the process. Every day we work to create more open, sustainable, and inclusive ways of living for people worldwide.
If this resonates with you, you aren’t looking for an average 9-5 job and are ready to take this role head-on, we would love to hear from you.
Things you will do
- Empowering and growing the peaq supporters and evangelists around a common vision;
- Finding ways to unlock and incentivize creativity and participation among the community by creating the appropriate systems, rules (or lack thereof), and rewards;
- Empowering a team of Community Builders and Ambassadors across different time zones;
- Understanding and playing off the dynamics of the crypto community, hot topics, and trends to guide and enhance the user base of peaq;
- Relaying ideas, complaints, and issues back to relevant departments;
- Identifying network opportunities;
- Growing the Twitter, Telegram, and Discord communities according to peaq’s goals;
- Planning, organizing, and executing community-facing content calendar and marketing campaigns across peaq’s Social Media and community platforms;
- Identifying and engaging with influencers and ambassadors;
- Discovering growth-hacks to increase market awareness of peaq;
- Managing a team of moderators on Discord.
What you bring to the table
- Experience as a CM with other crypto projects related to community building, ideally in the IoT niche;
- Proven work experience in community management in either US, Asia, Europe or Latam;
- Sound understanding of crypto community and what motivates people in this space;
- Deep understanding (and experience as a user) of crypto and blockchain-based products;
- Native/Fluent English, written and spoken.
Nice to have
- Experience working in an agile team;
- Experience in managing personal Social Media accounts with proven engagement within crypto communities (esp., Twitter/Discord);
- Strong writing and analytical skills;
- Understanding of Guerilla Marketing and Ambassador Programs;
- Ability to adhere to brand communication guidelines and to guide others to do the same;
- Ability to recognize good community management to hold others accountable to quality standards;
- Experience with community calls on Discord, AMAs, and Twitter Spaces. Please link to these in your application;
- Fluent in Mandarin/Hindi/Spanish/French/Arabic/Bengali/Russian/Thai/Indonesian/German.
What you can expect
- The opportunity to contribute to innovative projects in a new and exciting industry that has the potential to shape our world positively.
- High growth potential.
- Warm and open corporate culture at an international organization with people from all over the world.
- An environment that values freedom, autonomy, team spirit, and open communication.
- Flexible working hours.
- Decentralized (remote) working possibilities.
What guides us
- We believe that great teams are made of missionaries, not mercenaries.
- We believe that great teams can only deliver great results consistently if they work under conditions that give them creative freedom and a manageable workload, creating full focus on what’s important.
- We want to work with humans rather than with robots (for now).
- We find strength in diversity and authenticity.
- We give you the freedom to be great at your work.
- We aim to create a space where people can do what they love and live up to their potential.
We look forward to working with you!Apply Now