Copywriter, Crypto Marketing, NY
Uphold is now the fastest-growing private company in the San Francisco Bay Area, according to the San Francisco Business Times Fast Track 100, 2022.Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratize investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley company today has more than 8 million customers in over 150 countries with an impressive 50x increase in Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between the old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 currencies, cryptocurrencies, precious metals and equities instantly. An engineering-led company with a social inclusion agenda, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best talent.
As the Copywriter, Crypto Marketing, you’ll help define our voice as we position ourselves and products as a disruptive force for good in the world of finance. Working closely with our marketing department, your financial service/crypto/blockchain experience, will ensure you’re able to portray Uphold in the most compelling yet simple way.
This is primarily a marketing focused role and like everyone on our highly experienced and agile team, you’ll need to be a bit of a “Team Player” – one day writing for our emails, the next a sales presentation or twitter post – you’ll develop engaging campaigns, content and copy that defines our brand purpose and differentiates our products. You will write copy that intrigues, inspires, and engages our audiences, while also driving results.
You will have a high-impact and hands-on role in the day-to-day creation and execution of our users communications and content strategy and know the pulse of the crypto and web 3 space, as well as a deep understanding of blockchain projects and digital assets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Efficiently produce marketing copy (social media, blogs, trigger emails, newsletters, etc.)
- Email -Personalize content for bespoke customer segments with defined KPIS
- Long form content (blogs, price page, landing page copy)
- In app Modules & Banner
- Develop and evolve our tone of voice and strategic messaging in collaboration with our in-house team of experienced marketeers and creatives.
- Ensure our tone of voice is consistent across all touch points.
- Manage quality standards, efficient processes and productivity to support the entire company’s copy needs.
- Editing and fact-checking content
- Work with the senior team to develop communications materials (social content, FAQ, newsletters, etc.)
- Pull competitive use cases and content ideas for inspiration
- Assist with monthly internal reporting across marketing channels
- Build a content library for consumer and business use cases
- Work with internal and external agencies to develop creative content series
What you’ll bring:
- Strong passion for crypto and be immersed in the on-going narratives and conversations continually taking shape in the space.
- Experience working in the crypto/web3/financial services space
- Significant experience writing copy for brand marketing campaign, creative and service content, including for direct response campaigns
- Experienced in writing for an omni-channel experience across email, in-app, blogs, and social with a clearly defined objective
- Ability to measure and report on impact of content in driving business revenue
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to express complex ideas in a clear, easy-to-understand manner.
- Experience in working within an agile environment, low time-to-market delivery and high quality
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree and must be well versed in the best practices of popular social media platforms
- Understanding of social platforms, communities, and best practices (Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Discord)
- Knowledge of email marketing, with an understanding of content marketing strategy
- Must possess attention to detail and passion for writing and copywriting, with impeccable quality
- Show a can-do attitude with a willingness to jump in and look for creative new ways to help grow the Uphold brand
- Must be able to maintain deadlines and communicate through various teams
- Be a team player with a great attitude
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture – we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
- Full benefits, 401k, options, and bonus
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
Uphold is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.Apply Now