Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
The Data Engineering and Architecture (DEA) team is responsible for unlocking the value in Chainalysis’ corporate data. We work with internal stakeholders in HR, Finance, Sales and Marketing as well as partners in Business Technology and Core Engineering to ship data solutions that are trusted, reliable, mature and transformative. Our goal is to accelerate Chainalysis’ growth and empower our employees to do their best work.
The Data Engineer will design, build and maintain data integrations and automations between enterprise SaaS platforms and data warehouses. This work will be done in close partnership with colleagues in DEA to spin up and maintain data pipelines that support critical data-driven decisions across the company.
The ideal candidate will have experience working closely with Analytics and Business Systems stakeholders to empower business leaders and users by enabling solutions that will help them make decisions. They have held past roles developing robust data integrations and automations between enterprise platforms using a mixture of no-code and low-code tools as well as custom builds using a general purpose scripting language. They will also have worked with DevOps engineers to stand up and update cloud services and integration and deployment pipelines.
This role is open to remote candidates in Canada.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You’ve developed and maintained data integrations and automations encompassing both ETL and Reverse ETL use cases
- You’ve created and maintained documentation for those data integrations and automations
- You’ve have built a data pipeline end to end using Chainalysis’ data stack
- You’ve become comfortable with building custom solutions using cloud services
- You’re working through a backlog of fixes and enhancements
A background like this helps:
- Hands-on experience using no-code and low-code platforms like Fivetran and Workato to build data pipelines using off-the-shelf connectors to platforms like Redshift, Snowflake, Workday, Tableau, Salesforce and NetSuite
- Hands-on experience using dbt to build models and transformations via source control tools like Git and GitHub
- Ability to write and execute intermediate-level SQL queries
- Intermediate knowledge of RDBMS database structures and data formats like JSON
- Obtaining authorization to and utilizing endpoint and resources via REST APIs
- Experience in an Agile-like environment that includes user stories, sprints, grooming and retrospectives
- Performing root cause analysis on integration and automation errors while identifying opportunities to improve instrumentation and observability
- Basic skills with writing procedural code using Python
- Familiarity with orchestration tools like Airflow
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.Apply Now