Developer Relations Lead
XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, apps, and users. We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto Fund, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
We are already working with some of the biggest products & communities in web3, but are seeking a Developer Relations Lead to build and grow developer awareness and advocacy for XMTP. You’ll need to understand unique problems that developers face, help them implement SDKs, provide support to unblock individual developers, and build developer-focused content and programs that engage and activate the developer community at scale.
You will also be responsible for representing developer feedback, working with product teams to help shape roadmaps and strategies based on developer insights and pain points. Your ultimate mission will be to cultivate a vibrant and inclusive developer community, help developers understand what is possible with XMTP, and make it as easy as possible to integrate XMTP into all web3 applications.
- You are an expert at empowering global developer communities
- You know how to engage and inspire communities all around the world. You’re an expert at building strong relationships with technical and non-technical audiences, and can leverage creative thinking and efficient processes to design the best experiences for developers.
- You have experience growing developer relations functions. You have 3+ years as a developer and 3+ years in an advocacy or educational role, such as developer relations and advocacy, technical content creation or technical events and conference management.
- You are an excellent communicator and collaborator
- You are amazing at written and spoken communications, and are able to translate complex topics into relatable concepts and actionable tasks.
- You can work confidently with cross-functional teams on complex technical and non-technical concepts. You know how to identify, frame and lead the resolution of “hot issues” from both internal and external sources.
- You have a highly analytical owner’s mindset
- You are a self-starter who works well independently and in teams within dynamic, rapidly changing workplaces.
- You are an expert in systems leadership and design thinking. You know how to amplify impact by connecting tools and technologies with people and processes. You rely heavily on data to inform and influence product decisions and roadmaps.
- You are an amazing problem solver who embraces change and ambiguity. You know how to navigate your team within highly regulated and/or ambiguous landscapes.
- Create a developer relations & experience strategy
- Build and operationalize a comprehensive strategy for how XMTP will engage, inspire and empower developers across the global web3 ecosystem. This will range from growing our developer community to managing voice-of-the-developer programs and launching developer engagement initiatives.
- Help developers build with XMTP
- Tell engaging stories around why developers should integrate the XMTP protocol and SDK into their Dapps.
- Write clear documentation, compelling tutorials, and engaging videos. Develop and deliver content, presentations that resonate with the web3 community. Drive and participate in developer workshops and other external events.
- Organize and host hackathons, meetups, workshops, and other events that help drive engagement with the developer community.
- Help XMTP understand developer needs
- Report on the needs of the community to the XMTP engineering and product teams, ensuring that everything we build is useful to the community.
- Research and report on projects and trends web3.
- Generous and competitive compensation package
- Salary range between $150-200k (depending on experience + location)
- Remote-first environment with semi-yearly gatherings to connect IRL
- Full paid Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Parental Leave
- IT Equipment and WFH setup
- Monthly Wellness and Lifestyle stipend
- Personal assistant
- Flexible vacation (with minimum requirements to ensure rest and time-off to pursue your passions outside of work)
- And much more!
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here’s an inside look at XMTP and some of the frequently asked questions about our culture, answered by one of our co-founders and core team members.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please notify your recruiter of any disabilities or time preferences based off your current location and time zone.Apply Now