Founded in 2014, Bitt is a small (series B), multinational Fintech company which builds, supports and maintains blockchain-based digital currency solutions for Central Banks and other Financial Institutions. Our Mission is to promote financial empowerment, social inclusion and economic growth for nearly two billion unbanked people around the world. Our first client, the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank which oversees the money supply for eight nations, went live in March 2021, learn more here: https://bitt.com/success-stories/dcash; a world-first achievement. Bitt subsequently partnered with the Central Bank of Nigeria to build the first Central Bank Digital Currency in Africa, learn more here: https://bitt.com/success-stories/enaira
With a workforce dispersed across several territories across the World, Bitt prides itself on cultivating a highly productive remote work environment and diverse work culture. Our Leadership team are examples of the Bitt’s ethos working at its best.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring the reliability of our Digital Currency Systems operations within Google Cloud. This will include a number of responsibilities such as:
- Implementing DevOps automation, developing automation across the stack, and optimizing operations hours by reducing manual operations
- Eliminating toil by automation across all the layers – infrastructure provisioning, configuration management, deployment, testing, and operation
- Working on retooling our infrastructure to provide an agile, cloud-based foundation that provides common infrastructure management and automation framework
- Interfacing directly with senior staff members within the organization to discuss and assess compliance with IT policies, standards, and procedures, suggest opportunities for improvement, and report on the status. Working with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
- Practicing sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems
- Leading team to build a new or modify existing automation framework for IT operations
- Applying engineering mindset and development skills to IT operations to improve the overall observability of the applications and infrastructure and develop an automation framework such a way that it reduces manual efforts
- Working with application teams managing activities related to CPI-810 and SSDLC compliance, Vulnerability scanning, Threat Modelling
- Building relationships with program leads, developers, operations, and CISO teams to understand how to develop plans that effectively manage security risks
- 4+ years’ experience in a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering role
- Extensive Kubernetes experience, including complex Kustomize and HELM deployments
- Expert knowledge of ArgoCD and Argo Workflows
- Experience in DevOps Automation lead with experience in distributed systems design and integration architectures of business applications using microservices, containers, and cloud.
- Experience with Cloud Architecture with a major vendor such as AWS, GCP, or Microsoft Azure.
- Problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Experience working with IaC concepts like Terraform
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to connect at all levels of the business leadership team.
- Ability to perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions, leading and participating in performance tests identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands for Iconic phone launches.
- Expertise in delivering high-value solutions in dynamic and ambiguous environments.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Deep expertise of Google Cloud, Terraform, Kubernetes and CI/CD Tools and
- Knowledge of Google’s best practices around Site Reliability Engineering including error budgets, SLIs, and SLOs
- Infrastructure as Code / Configuration Management practices
- Deployment and monitoring Kubernetes clusters
- CI/CD best practices
- Securing infrastructure
- Working with compute and storage in a cloud environment
- Git or similar distributed version control systems
- Bash or similar scripting environments
- Software-defined networking
- Cross team and Department collaboration
$60,000 - $150,000 *
| Remote | Salt Lake, Utah
02 August 2023Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let Bitt know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.