The DevOps Engineer is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Reporting to the Director, TechOps Engineering, the DevOps Engineer will build and maintain continuous integration, automate programmatic tasks, deploy applications, and ensure that all development environments are configured properly and consistently maintained.
This is a rare invitation to join a small, highly professional entrepreneurial group, with the backing of the most established player in the fast-growing crypto space.
This position is based at Foundry HQ in Rochester, NY.
- Develop and maintain the Foundry DevOps operations. This includes:
- Source code management
- Continuous integration and delivery
- DevOps tools and security
- Deployment and workload orchestration development and maintenance
- Infrastructure provisioning automation
- Implement DevOps automation, standardization, and automated testing
- Monitor DevOps pipeline and applications
- Develop tooling and software solutions to define and enforce the Software Development Life Cycle processes and pipelines.
- Write documentation on how to maintain and troubleshoot the system.
- Remain in an on-call rotation with other engineers in the team to troubleshoot critical downtime.
Minimum Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years professional experience in DevOps engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about technology and interested in Bitcoin, blockchain, and tech entrepreneurship
- Develop and maintain continuous integration and deployment platform
- Build and maintain environments
- Source control administration
- Day-to-day DevOps system administration
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve build and deployment issues
Preferred Qualifications; Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and deployment with industry standard tooling
- Strong software development skills and proven experience
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Deployment Orchestration and Strategies using tools such as Kubernetes and Docker containers,
- Solid understanding of relational and time series databases
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud (GCP)
- Solid understanding of network concepts (switches, firewalls, load balancers, intrusion detection)
- Solid understanding of logging, monitoring, and alerting tools
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with SDLC processes
- Git version control
- A passion for learning
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced and fun start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation Unlimited PTO / Flexible time off – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Professional development budget with flexibility for personal and professional growth
- Outstanding health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan with company contribution (Bermuda: Private pension plan with company contribution)
- Flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care (Not available for Bermuda positions)
- Paid parental leave
Foundry takes pride in an environment which prioritizes our people. We insist that our people first culture builds the framework for all business operations.
Employees have ample opportunities to voice thoughts, opinions, and ideas through weekly companywide meetings, monthly townhalls, and team outings and events.
We emphasize the importance of each individual through engagement, teamwork, inclusion, and diversity efforts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Foundry, we are working toward a common goal of empowering a decentralized infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the future of finance and is looking for other like-minded individuals who share in this vision. While we are inclusive and diverse in workforce and style, we all agree that digital assets will change the world.
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.Apply Now