Director of Game Design
This is a completely remote role and can work anywhere in the US.
RECUR is a technology company that designs & develops dedicated branded experiences that allow fans to buy, collect, and re-sell digital products and collectibles (NFTs). RECUR is the only blockchain-agnostic NFT platform ultimately giving its brand partners the widest range of distribution and their fan bases the widest range of utility. RECUR also co-authored the recurring royalty standard for NFTs, allowing for creators, artists, athletes, and brands to participate in the secondary sales of their assets in perpetuity.
RECUR is seeking a Director of Game Design to join its team full-time. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team, where you will build immersive NFT metagame and game experiences for some of the largest brands in the world through innovative, creative projects in the rapidly scaling NFT space.
What you will do at RECUR
- Own RECUR’s metagame and gamification feature roadmap across a wide assortment of multi-faceted global IP branded experiences
- Prioritize RECUR’s metagame and gamification roadmap to align with experience launch schedule and overarching company goals
- Produce RECUR’s metagame and gamification design and structure per branded experience with LiveOps management and Creative Directors
- Collaborate with RECUR’s Engineering and Product teams to efficiently sequence and build industry leading NFT gamification features for the largest IP in the world
- Partner with RECUR’s Finance & Strategy team to execute against Branded Experience milestones with a data driven approach to feature design incorporating best in class meta-systems and user engagement design
- Coach, mentor and uplevel a small team of game designers
What you bring to RECUR
- 10+ years of video game industry experience focused on game systems design, shipping a variety of titles across genres; free to play gaming and liveops experience required
- 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring other game designers
- Knowledge in the NFT or Crypto space strongly preferred
- Strong expertise in mathematics and spreadsheets
- Proficiency with metasystems design as frequently used in free-to-play or MMO-style games as well as fluency with gacha collecting mechanics
- Prior trading card or collectable card game experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency with industry-standard tools and software
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with RECUR’s Art, Product, Engineering and Community teams to ensure Gaming feature development is consistent with RECUR’s overarching business goals
- Ability to effectively elicit feedback from management team and quickly integrate it into the Gaming team strategy
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members from a diverse set of industry backgrounds
- Consistent track record of success meeting deadlines and delivering gaming product features
- The base salary range for this position is $150,000-$200,000. In addition to base salary, this position will be eligible for an annual bonus and is eligible to participate in RECUR’s equity program. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at the offer. Keep in mind we are open to varying levels of experience which can impact total compensation. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply!
- Commitment to being a remote-first company & embracing remote work best practices
- Comprehensive insurance plans – health, dental, and vision + disability and life Insurance
- 401(k) with 2% company matching, no waiting period
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Accounts
- 4 weeks paid vacation, 11 company holidays, 3 floating holidays
- Parental Leave – Primary & Secondary
- $100 per month stipend for internet & cell phone
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Free monthly subscription to Headspace, Aaptiv, Omada