Engineering Manager, Platform Ops
Madhive is the leading tech company engineered for modern TV advertising. Advertisers seamlessly customize and automate the OTT buying process into an operating system with our self-service platform. Powered by our industry-leading bidder and device graph that processes 260 billion available ad opportunities per day, we deliver precise, brand-safe, audience connections efficiently at scale.
Madhive is looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager, Platform Ops to join our team. The successful candidate will lead a team of world-class cloud engineers. You will drive improvements in reliability and stability to reduce operational risk while maintaining a cost-efficient platform, all while taking a data-driven approach to measuring your team’s success.
About the team:
The team strives to be motivated only by building the best software for our users. We seek to understand the “why” behind the “what.” We regularly tackle problems, learn new technologies, or just share what we know with others. We test our code and invest in the health of our systems. We push each other, learn from each other, and strive to grow continually.
- Manage an engineering team dedicated to enhancing the observability, reliability, stability, and efficiency of our cloud platform and its supporting services.
- Create a culture of ownership and pride in building a well-managed cloud platform.
- Identify and manage cross-team dependencies; facilitate communication between multiple initiatives.
- Hire and nurture cloud engineers through mentorship and career advocacy. Provide goals, career paths, promotion guidance, and motivation to your direct reports.
- Work as part of a cross-functional guild to develop and maintain operational standards and best practices. Reduce operational risk in our business.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cloud technologies. Recommend and implement as appropriate.
- Build and maintain a FinOps dashboard to bring transparency to cost allocation and reduce spend.
- Facilitating daily standups, resolving blocked tasks, assisting with planning and estimation, and hosting retrospectives.
- 8+ years of hands-on industry experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field or 10+ years of hands-on industry experience.
- 3+ years actively mentoring and directly managing engineers.
- 4+ years of experience implementing operational best practices in an automated manner.
- Experience leading an Agile delivery team to plan and deliver iteratively.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Proven experience in designing, optimizing and managing containerized applications using Kubernetes, Docker or other containerization technologies.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure, networking, containerization, and cloud computing concepts, ideally on GCP.
- Experience automating infrastructure utilizing IaC, preferably terraform.
- Experience building large-scale platforms, solving problems including scalability, reliability, observability, validation, cost efficiency, etc.
- Previous experience in Adtech is not required.
The approximate compensation range is $200,000 to $250,000. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Madhive is a dynamic, diverse, innovative, and friendly place to work. We embrace our differences and believe they fuel our creativity. We come from varied backgrounds and think that’s important. But whether it’s taking ideas from previous lives and applying them in different ways or creating something completely new, we are all trail-blazing team players who think big and want to make an impact.
Here are just some of the many benefits of becoming a Madhive employee:
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance: Your health is number 1, so we offer 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance starting on day 1 for yourself and any dependents.
Family Forming Benefits: Madhive offers inclusive fertility and family-forming benefits that cover all paths to parenthood — whether it is adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, or anything related through a partnership with Carrot Fertility. The benefit includes free access to Carrot membership services and employer-sponsored funds of up to $10,000 to help pay for your care.
401(K) Matching: Madhive’s generous 401(K) plan offers a contribution equal to 100% of eligible employee contributions up to 5% annually. There is no vesting period, and all full-time employees can participate immediately upon their hire date.
Unlimited Vacation: We offer Unlimited PTO plus additional paid company holidays.
Parental Leave: We believe that family comes first, so we provide parental leave to all new parents.
Food All Day: Fully stocked refrigerator and lunch are provided every day that you’re in the office!Apply Now