Event Content Manager (Contract)
This is an 8-month contract position from March 2023 – October 2023
Open to Remote Candidates in the US
Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
The Event Content Manager will be a key player in helping to conceptualize and execute multiple track content programs for SDF-owned events and experiences. You will be reporting to the Senior Event Manager.
● In collaboration with the Communications team you’ll be building and managing compelling event agendas and programs for in-person experiences and webinars
● Craft session topics and descriptions, and brainstorm innovative session formats to captivate and engage event attendees and audiences
● Research, review and engage with relevant, new and interesting speakers (both inside and outside of the industry and ecosystem).
● Create and manage detailed speaker contact spreadsheets and assets
● Create and update digital agendas on various platforms
● Attend, brief and participate in session prep calls with moderators and speakers
● Collaborate across internal teams on content sessions, logistics and deliverables
● Manage all speaker resources including media kits and speaker best practices, and work closely with the legal team to ensure that all requirements, terms and conditions are aligned.
● Serve as liaison between communications and marketing teams by communicating event updates to the marketing team and proofing outgoing event marketing communications for accuracy
● Travel may be required.
Skills & Knowledge
● 3+ years of experience managing speakers, programs, content and event related logistics
● Experience planning events, conferences
● Experience with digital event platforms and CMS
● Extremely organized with great attention to detail and time management
● Enthusiasm for fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Experience in blockchain a plus
We offer competitive pay with a base range for this position of $40-$60 per hour for 40 hours of work per week depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. The benefits below do not apply to contract positions.
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 7 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.Apply Now
$50,000 - $100,000 *
| Remote | New York, New York, United States
18 March 2023Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let Stellar Development Foundation know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.