Financial Crime Blockchain Analyst
We’re Wirex and we’re not like anyone else. Why? Because we always do things our way, before anyone else does them – like creating the first ever debit card that lets you pay with crypto, making it easier for ordinary people to access DeFi-powered savings and setting up the world’s first cryptocurrency rewards scheme.
Our vision is a world in which everyone can enjoy the benefits of digital currency – everything from the power to send money around the world near-instantly without breaking the bank to buying, storing and exchanging 40+ top tokens on a secure, easy-to-use platform at some of the best rates in the industry.
We must be doing something right, because more than 5 million people across 130 countries are helping to change the world by using Wirex.
Are you part of the digital money movement? Do you want to change the way people think about money, forever? If your skills fit our vision and you want to join a company that’s really going places.
OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE
Your role will require you to provide assistance to the Financial Crime department with screening and monitoring and any other requests.
To enhance and maintain a robust AML compliance framework, in partnership with relevant stakeholders, to execute the firm’s strategy in accordance with its risk appetite, regulatory expectations and industry best practices.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Undertake AML investigations and file internal STRs
- Review customer alerts pertaining to the blockchain
- Undertake ongoing AML monitoring and EDD case review, SoF/SoW documentation
- Undertake investigations for B2C line of business for crypto products
- Assist and/or to conduct transaction testing, data validation, and ongoing customization of monitoring systems and rules
- Participate in meetings with co-workers, individually or in a group, to identify gaps within current practices and regulatory requirements and then rectify the process to assure regulatory compliance
- Provide assistance to the Deputy MLRO with ongoing projects and any ad hoc requests
- Other duties as assigned
- SARS – relevant SARS to be submitted to the AML office within 24 hours
- Comply with SLAs set by the D/MLRO
- 2+ years working in financial services, preferably FinTech environment, within crypto space
- 2+ years Financial Crime/AML experience
- Strong KYC/AML background and investigations experience
- Previous blockchain experience is essential
- Experience with STR reporting to the AML office
- Excellent written and spoken English is required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
WIREX BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Ability to promote collaboration and sharing
- Contributes to creating a positive environment
- Passionate about their area of expertise
- Takes initiative, and creates a drives innovations for our customers
- Establishes high personal goals
- Works towards collective success
- Inspires and supports others to succeed
- 21 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- 1 paid day off on your birthday each year
- 1 paid day off on your annual service anniversary each year
- 1 Paid Charity Day
- Flexible working hours
- Remote / Central Zagreb Location
- Annual Training Allowance
- Annual Performance Bonus Pay
- Extensive opportunity to grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech
If you feel you have the right skills for this role and you want to be part of the Wirex journey of innovation and growth, apply now!
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Maybe you don’t meet every single requirement? We invite anyone who shares our passion, vision and demonstrates our company values to apply. Here at Wirex, we embrace unique, we celebrate individuality, and we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re passionate about this role but your previous experience doesn’t quite align with every requirement set out in the job description, we encourage you to apply, you may just be our next Wirexer!Apply Now