Foundation Marketing Lead
The Moonbeam Foundation is looking for a Marketing Lead to join the Foundation team to support and grow the Moonbeam ecosystem. Moonbeam (https://moonbeam.network/) is a layer 1 blockchain focused on interoperability use cases, and that offers an EVM-compatible environment for developing cross-chain scenarios. Moonbeam is also deployed as a parachain on Polkadot and serves as a key part of the Polkadot ecosystem (https://polkadot.network/). There are already many deployments on Moonbeam (see: https://www.dtmb.xyz/), and the purpose of this role is to facilitate the support and growth of this ecosystem.
The Marketing Lead role is intended to be the champion and point of coordination for Marketing initiatives in and around the Moonbeam network. A key part of this role is to engage and work with external service providers providing marketing services, defining strategies, goals, reviewing and approving marketing plans, and assessing the success of various initiatives. The scope of services includes digital marketing, branding, community management, events, communications, content marketing, and PR. In addition to managing and coordinating service providers, you will own messaging and branding for Moonbeam. You will be expected to roll up your sleeves as an individual contributor across all of the mentioned service areas as and when needed to supplement the efforts of service providers. In this role, you will be responsible for building external relationships and raising awareness for Moonbeam in the broader market.
The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience in a marketing leadership role. Web3 experience including knowledge of Ethereum and DeFi and/or marketing to a developer audience is highly desirable, but not required. This role offers an opportunity for qualified candidates with strong backgrounds to enter the web3 space and to learn from a veteran and close-knit team.
The Moonbeam Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to develop and grow Moonbeam as a decentralized network. We expect you to bring your ideas, experience, and knowledge to help the Moonbeam network grow. Reach out to us if you are interested in helping to drive a multichain future, where blockchains interoperate with each other to enable new, software-native ways of creating value and coordinating people.
- Work closely with and coordinate external service providers and community members who are providing marketing and other services for Moonbeam and its ecosystem. Identify gaps and pursue community-based teams to fill those gaps where possible (e.g., community-run merchandise stores).
- Own all messaging from the Moonbeam Foundation. Serve as point person for major initiatives, including governance proposals, and clearly champion each “win” in your communications with community members and service providers.
- Serve as a champion and vocal advocate for the Moonbeam brand. Help redefine and reshape what Moonbeam is today and what it can be, with the help of the community.
- Learn to know the ecosystem like the back of your hand. Use this to power incredible earned and social media campaigns about Moonbeam’s biggest DApps, and be able to identify the “shining stars” in the ecosystem where needed to gain publicity.
- Align marketing initiatives with overall network goals and KPIs. Define marketing strategies in collaboration with service providers and community members.
- Review and approve marketing communications, including those from ecosystem teams and contributing teams, when necessary.
- Measure and assess the efficacy of marketing and other community initiatives using a data driven approach.
- Establish relationships with key ecosystem and industry stakeholders to be able to drive awareness and ecosystem growth.
- Continuously learn web3 trends, technologies, protocols, and use cases.
- Develop go to market strategies and programs with the ecosystem growth team, ecosystem project teams, and external service providers.
- Communicate regularly and clearly, verbally and in written form, with other team members and also with other partners, vendors, and community members.
- Participate in public governance discussions if required for initiatives and partnerships.
- Quarterly and annual goal setting and tracking activity against commitments.
- Interest in the web3 and blockchain space. Previous web3 experience is desirable, but not required.
- 5 years experience in a marketing leadership role in a b2b technology environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience marketing products and services that target developers as the customer is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Ethereum is a plus.
- Knowledge of DeFi is a plus.
- Knowledge of NFTs and web3 gaming is a plus.
- Experience managing cross functional teams and initiatives with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Good writing skills with an ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and accessible way.
- Attention to detail while working well under pressure.
- Undergraduate degree required.