Founding Web3 Engineer
Thanks to the advent of web3, the future of human organization & coordination will be centered around distributed & digital-native communities. As a Founding Fullstack Engineer, you’ll be at the core of building and shipping experiences that empowers such communities to recognize, reward, and retain their active members for their contributions, all enabled with blockchain technology. User experience and beautiful & intuitive design is extremely important as we aim to bring in people from all backgrounds and competencies onto our platform. Outside side of technical work, you’ll be involved in scaling the product, the team, and the entire company, all while shaping the future of work with us 🚀
🧑💻 Engineering at Contribution Labs
Engineering at Contribution Labs is about enabling the future of work, and that means always looking out for technology that can make this vision come true. Being in the Web3 space, this often means building new tools and shaping standards that we need. In addition, we strongly believe in building together with the community, influenced heavily by the Web3 ethos. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with the world’s most brilliant minds and ship impactful code not only for our own products but for the benefit of the entire Web3 ecosystem.
🤩 As a Web3 Engineer, you will…
- Own the blockchain & smart contract layer and any adjacent code that is required for features
- Design & build our protocol to incentivize all players of our ecosystem to participate correctly in a virtuous, positively-reinforcing cycle
- Ensure that our code is sound and secure. This includes working with 3rd-party auditors and using best practices for key & account management.
- Socialize any latest developments in the web3 space and adopt & push for new standards as necessary.
- Scale the engineering team. Drive adoption of paradigms and technology to continually improve the quality of our codebase and product. Interview candidates and help with engineering recruiting as we rapidly grow. Define new engineering processes to accelerate our growth, improve team organization, and support your teammates. 🙌
- Wear multiple hats. As a founding member of this company, your role can extend to many things outside of engineering – it can be whatever you want it to be! Our teammates do anything from product, marketing, community, partnerships, recruiting… you name it!
💘 You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- Experience writing & deploying live smart contracts using Web3 libraries (ex: web3.js, ethers.js, hardhat, foundry) especially on EVM-based chains using languages like Solidity.
- Experience as a software engineer building applications outside of the blockchain / smart contract realm.
- A knack to follow the latest trends in the blockchain space.
- An inclusive mindset and can write readable and extensible code for future developers.
- An inclination towards building & iterating quickly with the end-user in mind, while being cognizant about accumulated tech debt & code hygiene.
➕ Bonus points if you have…
- A strong understanding of decentralized identity, reputation, non-transferable tokens, DIDs, and verifiable credentials.
- Contributed to the development of the blockchain ecosystem (ex: authoring an EIP).
- Experience being a part of an online community and have experienced how pseudonymous identities collaborate.
🙌 What We Value
We care much more about your motivation and positive attitude to grow into the role than your past experiences. We are a team of go-getters that love the impact that we’re making to the web3 space. Our focus is less on the specific skill sets, but rather how you can work with our team to move us one step closer to achieving our goals!
📜 How to Apply
- Click “Apply for this job” below!
- If you have any questions, join us on Discord and DM @keikumata or DM @keikumata on Twitter!
$100,000 - $140,000 *
San Francisco, California
26 September 2022Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let Contribution Labs know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.