Freelance Technical Writer
Bitstamp is the original Cryptocurrency Exchange.
Since 2011 when we started in a garage with just two laptops and some big ideas, we have been at the forefront of the crypto industry, driving innovation and ensuring that above all else we are human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, providing secure and innovative access to crypto to all corners of the world.
Our success has been always about the amazing ideas, talent and passion of our people and the disruption we have created together on our crazy crypto journey. We are growing faster than ever, creating opportunities where we find the best people and always looking for the next bunch of crypto-curious thinkers and individuals who want to make the next difference.
Bitstamp is looking for a remote writer to join our freelance team and produce educational content. As a freelance writer, you will write and edit clear and compelling articles that cater to a wide audience, from beginner to pro and institutional traders.
What you’ll do
- Research, write and edit Bitstamp education articles.
- Deliver around 4-8 articles per month (exact deliverables to be mutually agreed upon).
- Revise content based on feedback from Bitstamp editors.
- Appropriately structure and add keywords to improve SEO performance based on guidance from editing team.
- Have an eye for detail, consistency, and accuracy in all deliverables. Proactively communicate your copy decisions to the editing team.
- Own your projects through every stage of production.
- Open to feedback and growth – strive to document and share your process, workflow, feedback history, and decisions.
On day one you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree (with a focus on English, communications, journalism, education engineering, mathematics, or equivalent).
- Native English speaker / writing style.
- 3+ years’ experience as a writer or editor.
- In-depth knowledge of the crypto industry. Finance and trading experience or knowledge preferred.
- Strong communication skills across remotely distributed teams and partners.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, quality, and speed.
- Resilient, motivated, and passionate about creating written content.
- Outstanding grammar and proofreading skills.
- Ability to distill complex topics into simple, concise messaging.
We’ll love it even more if you have
- Experience working in a fast-paced tech environment.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
You will fit right in at Bitstamp if you are
- Passionate – about crypto, about change, about making a difference.
- A Creative thinker – a box? what box? there is no box.
- Self-motivated – you are resourceful and seek solutions through collaboration.
- Remote working from anywhere withing USA, UK or EU.
Bitstampers are truly passionate about bringing cryptocurrency to the mainstream and championing independent investing with life changing potential.
We are proud to be leading the way in creating access to this next generation of finance and have become the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange by driving innovation and ensuring that we are, above all else, human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, always strive to provide secure and innovative crypto access to all corners of the world.
This doesn’t happen by chance, and we believe our success has come from our belief in the power of being different and finding people who want to explore together, create together and support each other’s growth.
We have already achieved so much, and have our sights set firmly on our future. Come join in our revolution and be part of the Bitstamp story.Apply Now