Full Stack Software Engineer – Backend Emphasis: Trading Platform (100% Remote)
sFOX is a full-service prime dealer uniting liquidity from over 30 exchanges and OTC desks in one easy-to-manage platform. sFOX’s platform provides traders with best execution services from a single account, a single counterparty, and a single workflow — giving traders greater capital efficiency. Its smart order router algorithmically routes traders to the most competitive prices worldwide, reducing slippage and improving trade performance across immense scale.
sFOX is committed to the highest standards of investor protection and reliability. The platform is SOC 2 certified and provides access to the market 24/7 with 99.99% uptime. Founded in 2014, the company is backed by Social Capital, Digital Currency Group, Khosla Ventures, DHVC, Haystack, Blockchain Capital, Y Combinator, and executives from PayPal and Airbnb.
We’re on a mission to open the world’s financial markets to everyone and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our rapidly growing team.
About the Position
As a Full Stack Software Engineer on our Trading Platform team, you will work closely with the design and product team to build the interface responsible for giving clients access to our underlying infrastructure. You will play a key role in helping the team find solutions that are user-friendly while maintaining performance. This is a full stack role with a backend emphasis. We value someone that takes ownership, can approach tasks with a product mindset, and can self-manage their time.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and enhance our trading platform API for a low latency / high throughput
- Support our own platforms (Web and Mobile), as well as external clients
- Ensure the API has strong conventions that make integration a breeze
- Build features that help customers collaborate on asset management
- Has deployed and worked on JSON APIs that service single page applications and/or mobile applications using Node.js
- Experience with Typescript or another typed language
- Experience with maintaining Express-based applications
- Experience with SQL
- Familiar with writing and maintaining automated test suites
- Independent and self motivated – can thrive in a remote-first environment
Not Required, but Nice to Have
- Experience implementing performance monitoring for APIs
- Experience with gRPC
- Advanced Experience with SQL, specifically MySQL
- Experience with Single Page Applications using modern frameworks and libraries such as React.js, Vue.js, Ember.js, Svelte, etc.
- Experience working with websockets and real time data
- Experience in high-frequency or algorithmic trading
- Experience in trading cryptocurrency
Working at sFOX:
We are a growing team working in an evolving space, so our engineers must be comfortable in a fluid work environment where responsibilities may change with shifts in the market.
This role isn’t for engineers looking for a strict separation of engineering – you are expected to participate and work with members across the company.
As a remote-first company that spans several time zones, we grant a lot of autonomy to each individual, typically only directed by what the company’s priorities are. We aren’t interested in micromanaging – just in great people doing great work.
If you want to help shape the future of our company and the cryptocurrency market, we want to talk to you.
Why You’ll Want to Work Here
- Remote-first culture – work from where you are
- Unlimited PTO – take time off when you need it
- Paid holidays and company-wide wellness days off
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance and flexible spending accounts available for you and your family
- Ability to help shape the future of sFOX and the cryptocurrency market
sFOX is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.Apply Now