Games Social Media Specialist (Contract)
Gala is a community-uplifting powerhouse defining new frontiers in Web3 entertainment. Our games division started with a single intention, to give power back to the gamers. Now, we have brought that same idea to the entertainment world to create Entertainment that Empowers with our Film and Music divisions.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people worldwide. We are breaking down barriers to bring our communities joy, entertainment, and real-world value.
At Gala, we work remotely with flexibility; we have a great time with our colleagues and love getting things done. While working here, you’ll imagine and create new and exciting things for the world to enjoy. Your talents and efforts will improve our audiences’ lives in the real world.
We are excited to announce a new, unique opportunity with our Town Star team. We are hiring a Contract Social Media Specialist. As a Social Media Specialist, you would be responsible for overseeing interactions with the public by implementing social media content strategies. This position requires a Social Media person with experience in web3 and the multiple social media platforms. To be successful in this role, we need someone self driven and motivated to take ownership of this role. You will be working directly with the Studio Director with daily game updates and weekly follow up meetings.
- You will create strategy and content for, delivering, and reporting on a range of social media campaigns
- Maintain, develop, and optimize existing social media platform strategies, including establishing new presence on emerging platforms
- You will analyze engagement data, identifying trends in customer interactions and planning digital campaigns to build community online.
- Understands the delicate nature of effectively handling crisis situations if any arise
- Engages actively with the game community and our players
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of Social Media experience in a professional environment
- 3+ years’ experience with influencer marketing, managing content creators, leveraging them in support of campaigns
- Prior experience with the internet, web3, and meme culture (absolutely required)
- Successful track record of leading breakthrough, culturally relevant social media campaigns and content that engages and inspires players
- Professional experience running business pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube to develop social campaigns that spark conversation
- Experience driving conversations and community engagement with a game-focused conversation using Discord, Steam, and/or other game-specific social media platforms
- Self-motivated, stellar work ethic, fun collaborator
- Excited by problem-solving
Nice-to-have Skills and Qualifications
- Prior professional social media experience with a game development or game publishing studio
- Prior successful experience working remotely
- Strong comfort level with self direction and minimal oversight
Gala is an equal opportunity employer and adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees 100% covered for employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program and several
If you have the experience, passion and drive to join our team then please submit a resume by clicking the apply button below!
Gala does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Gala will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.Apply Now