General Manager, UK
Who We Are
At OKX, we believe our future is reshaped with technology. Founded in 2017, OKX is a leading digital asset exchange platform that provides a secure, reliable, and user-friendly trading experience for cryptocurrency enthusiasts around the world. With a mission to make digital assets more accessible and transparent, OKX has become a trusted partner for more than 20 million users in over 180 regions globally
Beyond OKX’s exchange, OKX is a leading player in the Web3 ecosystem. Our OKX Wallet is the platform’s latest offering for people looking to explore the world of NFTs and the metaverse while trading Defi and Gamefi tokens.
At OKX, we pride ourselves on our cutting-edge technology, innovative products, and exceptional customer service. Our team is made up of talented and passionate individuals who are dedicated to driving the growth and success of the digital asset industry. We believe in pushing boundaries and challenging the status quo, and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our vision and passion for innovation.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in Hong Kong, San Jose, Dubai, Bahamas, Dublin, Malta, and Singapore, among others.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will think big about the future of crypto and how you can bring individual investors and institutions into the crypto economy more quickly. You are passionate about the future of crypto and building something disruptive, step by step, to bring positive and lasting impact.
You will work closely with internal partners in product, operation, marketing, business development and legal/compliance teams, both locally and globally, to develop and grow business, deliver the best of OKX to our customers, and ensure smooth and efficient operation of the business. You’ll lead our team in UK. to partner with key stakeholders and drive the expansion of our crypto business in UK.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You will possess the ability and willingness to balance customer needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions. You must have strong communication skills, have a long-term perspective, is good at prioritization, and is willing to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done whenever needed.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Be a strategic partner of OKX global senior management team; be responsible for managing OKX operations in UK and driving business growth
- Play a key role in partnering with our local compliance and legal team in UK to support our license maintenance with FCA and drive business operations
- Work with business and legal/compliance leaders in other parts of Europe to support our license application process in the region
- Obtain and maintain necessary licenses to operate the business in the UK
- Establish local on-ramps and local banking relationships to enable UK customers to access the OKX platform.
- Work with the BD team and finance team to continue to develop banking and PSP relationships in the UK
- Representing the company as an ambassador of OKX UK at media engagements, conferences, industry forums, networking events and in all interactions with local clients
- Work with local operations, HR and administration teams to ensure proper cross-functional collaboration and conduct timely review of business results
What We Look For In You:
- Experience in managing business operations for a financial services or FinTech company (ideally as a Managing Director, General Manager or COO)
- Good understanding of how the various functions of a regulated financial services business operate (e.g. Compliance, IT, Finance, Risk, Audit) and the ability to engage with regulators constructively
- Great communication skills and the ability to work effectively in an international organization
- Cross functional expertise and the ability to implement global standards while ensuring local compliance
- Good understanding of the UK regulatory landscape for financial services, and related requirements
- Result-driven self-starter who is excited at the prospect of growing a business in a fast-paced, growth driven sector
Nice to Haves:
- Ideally, recent crypto exposure and a keen interest in crypto
- You are already an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate
- Experience working in disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones