Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and the future Web — one that respects the freedom and data of individuals — and helps empower developers to create better services through decentralized technologies.
At the Parity Tools Team we build tooling and libraries for developers and advanced users, both internal and external, such as block explorers, exchanges, and staking-ops teams. Our tools empower users to integrate and harness Substrate blockchains to their fullest. We believe that a well built tool should be a joy to use, precise in scope and feature set, be hackable, discoverable and composable.
Examples of the technologies you will be working with:
Polkadot-JS API: https://polkadot.js.org/
Your role will include:
- Designing and building http APIs to help external teams build their projects.
- Supporting the entire project lifecycle (concept, design, build, test, release and support).
- Keeping up to date with the blockchain space in general and the Substrate/Polkadot ecosystem in particular. Work with the integration and ecosystem teams to ensure we build what people need.
- Collaborating with the core Substrate team to plan and implement new features and improvements.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate often, and function well in a distributed team.
- Some exposure to, and interest in, Rust. You’ve probably played with it in your spare time, if not at a previous job.
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly.
- Ability to come up with technical solutions and application architecture.
- Passionate about bringing the vision of a decentralized web to the world.
- Open Source experience.
- Knowledge about blockchain technologies.
- Public speaking/writing.
- Globally competitive compensation.
- Opportunity to become an expert in latest blockchain technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, all employees have a generous personal budget to attend conferences or other learning tools of your own choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses and relocation where needed (and desired).
- We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (as the current pandemic safely permits).
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.Apply Now