Junior Risk Analyst
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
The Treasury Risk team works to enhance financial risk management for Kraken with respect to credit, liquidity, and market risks.
This role will work on various projects including handling due diligence questionnaires, reviewing counter-party financials, and will become involved in numerous new risk initiatives within treasury and new products.
What you will do:
- Engage in the credit risk review process for Kraken’s counterparties
- Participate in the appropriate establishment and monitoring of credit, balance sheet, liquidity, FX and interest rate limits
- Source and develop models and reporting to properly monitor and manage our enterprise-wide risks
- Participate in strategic programs in partnerships with Treasury disciplines and organizational partners
- Develop risk management framework for consumer products, participate in strategic product decisions
- Identify and design robust measurement and management procedures for financial risks
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Finance or Economics or other quantitative field (eg. mathematics, physics, statistics, etc.) MBA Preferred.
- 2-3+ years relevant risk management experience. Completion of FRM or CFA exams are nice to have.
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion about cryptocurrencies, crypto industry, blockchain
- Strong presentation skills, with attention to detail and advanced knowledge of
- Microsoft Office, Google Apps, SQL, Tableau and ability to work with large volumes of data leveraging spreadsheets and models
- Strong financial market knowledge of fixed income, capital markets and banking products
- Exercises effective project management, relationship building and communication skills
- A sense of accountability, commitment, energy, and execution
- Attention to detail with a drive to solve problems, investigate issues, and creative thinking
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.Apply Now