Lead Community Manager
Monad is creating the foundation for a new world of powerful decentralized applications. We’re doing this by building a new ultra high-performance blockchain supporting 10,000 TPS, and by supporting a growing ecosystem of app developers leveraging the high throughput and interactivity of this new platform.
Our mission is to enable a new universe of apps—use cases and user flows that are currently impossible—that take advantage of this efficient, interconnected environment, ultimately unleashing the power of decentralization to make the world more efficient and fair.
Monad Labs is an early-stage venture-backed crypto startup founded by HFT engineers from Jump Trading. We are working on the most impactful problem in crypto: building a high-performance blockchain to address severe bottlenecks in existing systems.
The Monad blockchain offers the best of both worlds for dapp developers: performance and portability. Our key differentiator is the combination of extremely high performance while continuing to support the Ethereum Virtual Machine, the existing standard in which most existing apps and libraries are implemented. To do this, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems and low-level optimization.
After strict focus on developing our core infra and technology, Monad blockchain is quickly approaching its Testnet v0 release. Ahead of that launch, we are excited to welcome our first community-focused hire to nurture the early community of supporters who are passionate about our vision and our technology.
We are looking for someone who loves crypto, is creative, is ambitious, is organized, and has experience with and passion for building community.
You will engage the community directly, serving as a bridge between the core dev team and the community, and promoting good vibes, quality memes, and lots of fun.
You’ll also creatively devise ways for community members to contribute at this early stage, as well as ways to recognize community members who are contributing positively. You’ll develop an internal playbook for growing the community through initiatives like Ambassador Programs, events, and AMAs.
This role is on the critical path of Monad’s growth, and will ultimately have a massive impact on helping crypto achieve mass adoption.
- You’re crypto-native: immersed in crypto culture, and aware of the prevailing personalities, memes, and major narratives and projects
- You’ve built and managed the community for a crypto project with clear KPIs
- You have extensive experience with Twitter and Discord
- You have experience managing other people and setting clear guidelines and expectations
Required personal attributes:
- A sense of humor; a love for memes
- Data-driven: you’re comfortable analyzing data and driving action plans from it
- Independence: you thrive on a high level of autonomy, responsibility, and ownership
- Technical curiosity: you enjoy learning about and explaining technical concepts and products
- Strong written English communication skills
- Enthusiasm for Monad’s mission of enabling far more decentralized computation
- Graphic design skills
- Public speaking skills
- Existing relationships in the crypto space
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be responsible for cultivating the Monad’s community of early believers who are passionate about Monad’s ambitious vision and meaningful technology.
- You’ll do this both directly and indirectly. You’ll personally be the voice of Monad in discord and twitter, helping to promote good vibes and fun, communicating our values and vision, and acting as a bridge between our community and our dev team. And you’ll hire and manage excellent Community Moderators to help this effort scale.
- You’ll develop clear guidelines and an internal playbook for Community Moderators to help our community thrive.
- You’ll build and engage Monad’s community through Discord, social media, content, and more. You’ll need to run experiments and figure out what works to engage and excite the early community.
- You’ll creatively devise avenues for community members to contribute at this early stage, as well as ways to recognize community members who are contributing positively.
- You’ll lead organization and coordination of online community events such as community calls, twitter spaces, AMAs, and contests.
- You’ll identify, track, and impress community KPIs.
- You’ll work alongside other members of BD and Growth team to build cohesive brand and voice for Monad.
- You’ll manage socials (e.g. Twitter, Discord, Telegram) and lead engagement including content publication and community follow-ups with quick, clever, helpful responses.
- You’ll stay up-to-date on topics and trends in the crypto space.
- You’ll engage with the user and developer community to identify areas of future collaboration.
- You’ll advocate on behalf of the community, communicating feedback and needs back to the engineering team.
Why work with us
- Our community is vital to our success. You’ll be at the forefront of Monad’s success story, growing our community and building engagement among ecosystem actors.
- You’ll shape the culture as an early team member and make impactful contributions from day one.
- You’ll receive competitive compensation.
- You’ll have the flexibility to work where it best suits you – we are fully remote, currently distributed throughout the US and Canada.
- You’ll work with great people.
- Your work will be deeply impactful, outreaching on behalf of a platform that offers more affordable and more efficient decentralized computation for blockchain, and ultimately paving the way for new dapps that improve many people’s lives.
This is a full-time remote role. Depending on location we may pursue a contract-to-hire approach, details to be discussed.Apply Now