Lead Java/Golang Software Engineer
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking an experienced Lead Java Software Engineer to lead the development of a zkEVM layer 2 client written in Java. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software engineering, specifically in Java, and a passion for blockchain technology. They will be responsible for leading the design, development, and maintenance of the client and will work closely with the research team to ensure that the client is accurate and efficient.
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of the zkEVM layer 2 client.
- Collaborate with the research team to ensure that the client accurately implements the zkEVM protocol.
- Manage and mentor other engineers on the development team.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the performance and scalability of the client.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure the codebase adheres to best practices and standards.
- Work with other teams to integrate the client into the existing infrastructure.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in blockchain technology and incorporate them into the client.
- Documenting and providing support to the client users.
- Strong background in software engineering, specifically in Java.
- Experience leading the development of a project from start to finish.
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology and the zkEVM layer 2 protocol.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in blockchain development is a plus
- Familiarity with zk-SNARKs or related zero-knowledge proof systems is a plus.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD[$176,000 – $366,000]
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).Apply Now