Lead, Product Marketing Manager – Cryptowatch
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
What Is Cryptowatch?
In this role, you will help us scale Cryptowatch, Kraken’s professional charting and trading platform. Cryptowatch has grown organically from a tiny weekend project to a popular real-time cryptocurrency charting and trading platform. Crypto traders and enthusiasts alike rely on Cryptowatch to help identify trends in the market and unlock alpha. We are seeking talented individuals to help us expand the product in new and exciting directions.
We are looking for an experienced crypto trader/crypto-native product marketing leader to join the fast-growing Cryptowatch team and help us make big bets in offering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform to our users, while helping us expand the product in new, unexpected directions. You and your team will orchestrate go-to-market strategies and execution to bring our innovative features to market and achieve our goals. We focus on resonance in our storytelling and we are thoughtful and calculated with our big bets.
In this key role, you’ll influence the product roadmap. Your team will lead, organize, conduct, and coordinate proactive quantitative and qualitative research with various stakeholders and partners to distill insights that help us deeply understand and empathize with our existing and prospective clients. You will learn their most pressing needs and problems. These inputs will influence our product-lead growth, segmentation, messaging and experimentation. You will inform how we solve these problems and provide value.
Applicants with strong crypto, trading, and financial markets experience preferred. Experience in growing communities and networks is welcome.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage your knowledge of different marketing functions and how (and when) to best leverage and activate their skills for product launches and sustained growth
- Orchestrate marketing from inbound to go-to-market execution across UXR, market research, data and intel, acquisition, retention, content, comms, social, and brand
- Dive in and assume a variety of marketing roles when the need arises; you can flex between strategy and execution seamlessly
- Grow daily active users on Cryptowatch by launching new products, coordinating with retention and growth teams to further engage existing users and finding new traders
- Plan and execute go-to-market strategies for new features, enhancements, and token listings by forming the positioning and messaging
- Consider the DNA of Kraken, the cultural values we stand for everyday, and ensure those genetics are in each product we ship to further deliver on our brand promise
- Use sound product sense in marketing every day: identify the problem we are solving for, our hypothesis, what goals we will set and how we measure them, what we should do now, next, and later
- Create and share intel; know our products, our competitors products, and the differences between them better than anyone
- Make data-driven decisions when framing hypotheses, determining product-market fit, evaluating campaign performance, and setting goals
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 6+ years of previous experience in product marketing, martech product management, or lifecycle marketing within a B2C context
- Required experience in B2C fintech, trading products, charting, financial markets or cryptocurrency
- You have a strong interest in crypto and belief in its future impact on economics, trade, and society; you follow the industry whether you’re a seasoned OG or you recently started your journey down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass
- You’re a concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive summary
- You’re an ally to product managers and other marketers, often volunteering to test alphas/betas, lead inbound customer research, and seek diverse perspectives
- You have built, scaled, and led sophisticated, globally-distributed, matrixed teams
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.