Marketing and Community Lead
About Story Protocol
We’re building web3 technology to revolutionize how narrative universes are created. Our mission is to unleash an entirely new way to create, govern, and license IP on-chain, ultimately forming an ecosystem of “story legos” that can be remixed and composed.
Our guiding belief is that stories are the foundational layer of media –– from books and comics to film, television, and games. However, most top storytelling franchises are controlled by a small handful of studios. They use their leverage to squeeze creators, build walls around their IPs, and treat fans like sources of revenue instead of like partners. This top-down approach prevents many narrative universes from realizing their potential, and it stops many hits from getting built at all.
Story Protocol allows creators to build narrative universes from the bottom up. It empowers the construction of imaginary worlds via open source principles –– the same way that humanity formed the first myths around the campfire, but with ownership and incentive models built-in.
Our team features deep expertise in media, tech, and business. Founding team members are successful serial entrepreneurs. We are backed by top VCs including a16z, Hashed, and many notable angels.
Now, we’re looking for stellar engineers on our journey to usher in the next era of storytelling –– we invite you to join us.
As the Marketing and Community Lead of Story Protocol, you will develop and execute our marketing strategy, communications, and brand image to the broader web3 community. We will be launching a slate of narrative universes, each with their own NFT collections, and you will have the opportunity to craft a marketing roadmap that unites these different projects under a cohesive brand image while articulating their unique fan segments. You will also spearhead our social media initiatives across Twitter, Discord, email newsletters, and other relevant platforms, engaging in regular interactions with our community such as teaser posts, AMAs, Twitter Spaces, etc. You will set objectives for marketing campaigns, uncover quantitative and qualitative insights around our community, and own our marketing strategy. Core objectives include sustained social media engagement, community growth, and brand reputation. Ultimately, the Marketing and Community Lead will play an integral role in establishing a two-way communication channel between our community and our product vision.
- Develop, implement, and manage Story Protocol’s marketing strategy across all channels, including brand visuals, social media roadmap, and community management
- Build the best practices and processes necessary for a efficient and repeatable marketing engine, including quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback loops
- Manage and engage with communities across Twitter, Discord, email newsletters, and any other relevant media channels
- Craft a coherent and compelling story and value proposition that resonates with the community and unites all marketing and advertising for Story Protocol
- Conduct regular market research on competitors and maintain a strong pulse of the cutting edge marketing tactics in web3 storytelling
- Attend conferences, Twitter Spaces, and other events in order to build robust relationships with relevant web3 influencers, builders, and investors
- Collaborate closely with the founding team on major strategic decisions, representing the marketing perspective
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience in marketing at consumer-focused companies with strong online and social media presences, ideally with two-way communication channels (eg, replies on Twitter, feedback on Discord, etc)
- Proficiency in a variety of marketing skills such as content marketing, community management, SEO, customer segmentation, and brand development.
- Experience working with designers to craft visuals, images, and banners needed for conveying a strong and cohesive brand identity
- Experience managing a large Twitter presence, preferably within web3
- Work experience in web3-native marketing capacities such as NFT roadmap releases, Twitter and Discord strategy, and community building strongly preferred; bonus for involvement in a storytelling focused project
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is eager to learn and contribute rapidly
- Enthusiastic, respectful, humble, and passionate about delivering a new form of storytelling to the world
- US West Coast Preferred, Hybrid/Remote considered
We offer competitive compensation packages and generous token incentives. US employees have complete medical/dental coverage. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.Apply Now
$70,000 - $160,000 *
| Remote | US West Coast
12 October 2022Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let Story Protocol know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.