Senior Android Engineer, Crypto
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
*The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood’s offices in New York City, NY, Seattle, WA or Menlo Park, CA, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.*
We’re excited to invite talented and motivated Android Engineers to join our award-winning team to help expand Robinhood’s mobile experience for our customers.
As a member of our Web3 team you will help ship Robinhood’s new standalone wallet app, while also improving the crypto experience within Robinhhood’s flagship application.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Android Developer who is passionate about creating groundbreaking mobile experiences and possesses a deep understanding of Android development best practices. As a member of our elite development team, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing high-performance, scalable, and user-friendly Android applications..
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with a fast-growing team to revolutionize finance at speed and scale
- Build smooth, stable, and elegant products with Kotlin and the newest Android APIs
- Own features from inception to design, implementation, and launch
- Work cross-functionally with Product Designers, Product Managers, Backend Engineers, and Data Engineers
- At least 5 years of professional Android development experience
- Proficiency with Java or Kotlin
- Motivation to improve Robinhood’s app and codebase to ensure the highest quality for our customers
- Strong product sense and ability to collaborate with Product Managers and Designers
- Experience leading teams, mentoring colleagues, and managing technical projects
- Excellent communication skills and passion for solving technical challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred; equivalent training or work experience also acceptable
Technologies we use:
- Retrofit / OkHttp
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.Apply Now
$80,000 - $160,000 *
Menlo Park, CA / New York City, NY / Seattle, WA
11 June 2023Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let Robinhood know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.