Senior Blockchain Security Engineer
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
Robinhood’s Security Solutions & Assessments team is looking for a senior blockchain security engineer to join our team. The Security Solutions & Assessments works with teams across Robinhood and its subsidiaries to ensure our products and services are secure and our customer’s data is protected. You will be working alongside our Crypto business to aid in influencing business decisions and new product launches by performing security assessments and providing solutions and recommendations.
We’re looking for tech professionals who are deeply passionate about security and privacy.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Perform proactive assessments covering infrastructure, secure and resilient architecture, data security (including privacy), identity and access management, application and product security for our Crypto business
- Prioritize and drive the reduction of discovered security issues, vulnerabilities, and risks by partnering with the business to provide recommendations and solutions
- Work with technical leads to develop strategies, programs, systems and tools that enhance our approach in keeping our products, data, and customers safe and secure
- Collaborate with partner security teams to help safeguard Robinhood’s data and infrastructure
- Provide technical expertise on Robinhood’s Security and Privacy solutions, policies, procedures, and standards
- Stay up to date on the direction of emerging security, privacy, blockchain technologies, and industry trends
- 4+ years of experience conducting cyber security assessments
- 3+ years of experience engineering security solutions
- 2+ years of experience specializing in assessing and securing blockchain applications and infrastructure
- Deep understanding of blockchain technologies, protocols, exploits, and frameworks and associated security risks
- Security domain knowledge across many cyber security disciplines
- Outside-the-box thinking (adversary mentality)
- Experience communicating effectively with technical/non-technical and executive-level audiences
- Working knowledge of Go or Python for interacting with security tooling APIs
- Security automation experience is a plus
- Security technical report writing is a plus
- AWS experience is a plus
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $187000 – $220000
US Zone 2: $165000 – $194000
US Zone 3: $146000 – $172000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.Apply Now