Senior Engineer, Backend, EMEA
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The engineering team at Chainalysis is inspired by solving the hardest technical challenges and creating products that build trust in cryptocurrencies. We’re a global organization with teams in the UK, Denmark, and the USA who thrive on the challenging work we do and doing it with other exceptionally talented teammates. Our industry changes every day and our job is to build a flexible platform that will allow us to adapt to those rapid changes.
As a backend engineer in the Investments group, you’ll be responsible for building a great end to end customer experience for our market and business intelligence customers. You’ll find the opportunity to build the foundations of our platform, design APIs that will serve large data sets with low latency and build services that will help blockchain businesses and investors to make critical decisions. You will also have the opportunity to lead the projects, partner with the product designers and product managers to deliver the most impactful things to our customers.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if:
- You’ve worked with the other product teams to understand the data lifecycle and optimize how we are serving it to our customers.
- Your team is iterating fast, deploying to production multiple times a day.
- Together with the rest of the team you’ve created scalable, self healing and robust APIs with low latency.
- Together with the rest of your team you’ve built easy to use, customisable user interface components.
A background like this helps:
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages. We mostly use Java but appreciate a variety of languages!
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS or GCP.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Terragrunt, CloudFormation
- Experience with shipping and iterating in close collaboration with design and product partners
- Experience with mentoring and/or leading other engineers and love to teach and learn from others.
- Curious about cryptocurrencies/decentralized-finance or a desire to learn – we can help!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.Apply Now