Senior Frontend Engineer
ChainSafe is a blockchain research and development firm specializing in infrastructure and tooling for the decentralized web. Alongside its contributions to significant ecosystems such as Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin, and more, ChainSafe creates solutions for developers and teams across the web3 space utilizing our expertise in gaming, bridging, NFTs, and decentralized storage. As part of the mission to build innovative products for users and better tooling for developers, ChainSafe embodies an open-source and community-oriented ethos.
Here’s what you might want to know before reading on:
- Our progressive tech stack includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript
- We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Forest, and Gossamer
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors
At ChainSafe, you’ll be part of a team that believes in the community’s vital importance and contributes to advancing humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
Who we need
We are looking for a passionate and proactive Senior Frontend Developer who shares our commitment to building out open source software and pushing blockchain into mainstream adoption. You will collaborate across multiple Ethereum-focused projects and contribute to your team’s success through consistent, high-quality code.
- Build applications on a strong web architecture while analyzing and solving software engineering problems
- Actively participate in discussions with product owners, tests, and software engineers to suggest new or improve on existing solutions
- Review, audit and test your teammates’ code
- Provide feedback on overall design decisions
- Experience with open-source software
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years of TypeScript programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- 2+ years of experience with React, including hooks
- Experience in writing unit and integration tests
- Attention to detail and eagerness to deliver quality products
- Knowledge of best practices, patterns, and understanding of key principles of developing software
Nice to have
- Experience with distributed systems, peer-to-peer systems, network programming, or cryptography
- Experience integrating Web3 wallets and/or Ethereum smart contracts
- Experience maintaining a large codebase with many components and keeping it well-designed, future-proofed, and modular
- Experience managing teams
- Can construct and maintain CI/CD pipelines
Tell us who you are
If you feel like you’re the perfect fit for the role, please apply even if you don’t match all the requirements.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to a 15-minute screening call with one of our tech recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to a 60-minute alignment interview
- Then, Candidates will be asked to complete a technical task that takes under 4 hours, but we provide up to 1 week to complete
- Last, candidates will be invited to a 60-minute technical interview
Why Join ChainSafe
Founded by developers for developers, ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We continue to provide opportunities for personal and professional growth, value autonomy and responsibility, have a results-driven environment, and offer flexible work hours.
We care deeply about our values and look for these attributes in every new team member. In addition, we recognize the benefits of cultivating a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture. We encourage women, the LGBTQIA+ community, people of color, and members of any other group underrepresented in the tech space to apply.
How to Apply Please fill out the Greenhouse application form below and ensure that you attach your resume and link your Github/Gitlab profile or any software project you have contributed to (if applicable).Apply Now
$100,000 - $190,000 *
| Remote |
15 June 2023Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let ChainSafe know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.