Senior Frontend Engineer
Founded by the creators of Fortmatic, Magic is a Web3 infrastructure company that empowers developers to create seamless and secure user onboarding experiences, abstracting away the complexities of blockchain technology. We are backed by top investors such as Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, SV Angel, Social Capital, Northzone, Placeholder, Naval Ravikant, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
To date, Magic has enabled more than 110K developers and enterprises to onboard over 10 million users to the Web3 ecosystem — and we continue to grow rapidly. We are trusted by leading NFT marketplaces such as Immutable, Niftys, OpenSea, Decentraland and major enterprise Web2 companies alike.
If you are excited to make Web3 accessible and help onboard the next billion users, let’s chat!
Magic’s frontend team is responsible for building high-quality, innovative and performant web experiences that delight our users. We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer who will help us disrupt the world of authentication and radically simplify how developers implement seamless web3 authentication in their applications – uncompromising on user-experience, reliability, and security.
Among other things, our Senior Frontend Engineer will focus on:
- Magic Connect: you will play a pivotal role in shaping our Web3 onboarding product. The Senior Frontend Engineer will lead initiatives that build upon the current feature set, support existing functionality, and improve documentation.
- NFT Checkout: you will work closely with product, design, and engineering stakeholders to (i) define requirements, (ii) drive technical decisions, and (iii) implement an NFT checkout solution that allows customers to seamlessly purchase NFTs with a credit card.
- Magic Wallet: you will balance and understand the tradeoffs between industry standards and trends. This position requires a user-centered approach to building features and creating the best wallet experience on the market.
- Empathy with customers, developers, and users who rely on our services
- A passion for improving developer experience and reducing user friction
- Attention to detail and the creativity to bring static mock-ups to life
- Knowledge of security best practices, especially the pitfalls that come with developing secure applications for the web
- An ability to write well-designed, testable, and efficient code while balancing feasibility with ambition
- Knowledge and expertise in following the Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong opinions, loosely held
- Ideally 3+ years experience of working within an agile software development team
- Experience in CSS preprocessors like LESS or SCSS
- Experience with React, React Hooks, and Redux
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate empathy and the ability to distill technical concepts into digestible pieces
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience developing open source software and developer tools
- Keen awareness of application security, and knowledge of Open Web Application Security Project(OWASP) top 10 vulnerabilities
- Fully remote team and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- Platinum-level Health, Vision, and Dental insurance – Magic covers 99%
- 401(k) program
- Top of the line equipment
- $300 monthly budget for home office needs and professional development
- Annual team meetups
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. We strongly encourage anyone who has been historically under-represented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.Apply Now
$100,000 - $180,000 *
| Remote | New York, United States
09 December 2022Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let Magic know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.