Senior Interaction Designer
Phantom is looking for an exceptional Senior Interaction Designer to join our multidisciplinary London-based creative team. As a member of the design team, you’ll work alongside talented designers, strategists, and technologists to imagine the unbelievable and turn it into reality.
Who we are
Phantom is a digitally-led creative agency, headquartered in London, where two things are valued above all else: curiosity and craft.
Started by four people in 2013, we’ve grown into a company 100+ people strong, with locations spanning across two hemispheres (our other studio in Auckland). Our clients choose us because of the collaboration, innovation and creativity we bring to each project. We choose our clients because they’re brands we love to work with, who in turn inspire us to make work we love.
Always careful, never boring, we work on everything from traditional ad campaigns to developing products to designing digital road signs. If you’re somebody who enjoys a new challenge each day, Phantom is your place.
Who you are
You have a proven track record in creating best in-class digital experiences and are as comfortable designing from a blank canvas as evolving and to established design direction.
You have a keenly developed design aesthetic and a deep love for all things digital. You’re excited by emerging technologies and have the drive to continue learning and experimenting.
You are confident in your craft and can give and take direction well. You understand that the presentation of your work is as important as the work itself. Your portfolio demonstrates work that is progressive, diverse and thoughtful. You’re precise, detail-oriented and consistently meet deadlines.
You have a positive outlook, a drive to stay inspired, a passion for great work and always help push the work to be the best it can possibly be.
- Have an eye for detail demonstrated by exceptional craft and an exciting and varied portfolio.
- Have excellent design fundamentals including typography, layout, illustration and motion.
- Be conceptually innovative, detail-oriented and able to execute pixel-perfect digital design.
- Have a proven success working directly with creative and technical teams.
- Have a strong technical knowledge across all digital production and formats.
- Have advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and tools such as Sketch and Figma.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Have a great attitude and lack of ego.
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you’ll lead the creative output of projects through each stage and oversee design work to ensure the creative brief is fully explored while collaborating with different departments (strategists, creative technologists, developers, designers, producers) to create industry-leading and best in class digital experiences.
As a Senior, you’ll also help guide, develop and mentor Midweight and Junior Designers in the team providing continuous feedback and constructive critiques of their work.
You have a positive outlook, a drive to stay inspired, a passion for the power of words and always help push the work to be the best it can possibly be.
You will have:
- 6+ years of experience, preferably in a studio or creative agency environment.
- Execute world-class innovative and effective digital communications, interface design and interaction design experiences.
- Advance and inspire the visual aesthetic of all Phantom projects.
- Design experiences that are creatively and technically ambitious.
- Guide projects from ideation through production design and development.
- Lead, inspire and support creative teams and serve as design lead on your projects.
- Be used to working alongside teams of creatives, developers, producers, and strategists.
- Embody a curious mindset that works to develop multiple ideas and iterate quickly.
- Comfortable working closely with and presenting to clients.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player.
We also want your passion for great work to extend to personal projects. We encourage employees to come to us with great ideas and will allocate resources to initiatives we truly believe in.
How you’ll work
Your role will report into a Creative Director within the Creative department. We would prefer you to be full time and permanent.
Life at Phantom
Our Farringdon studio ‘PHQ’ is a truly beautiful space, with every detail designed for creativity, care and collaboration – including flexible work areas, a purpose built event space, library, mini-gym (+ shower!) and our own bar ‘The Haunt’.
We invest in high end, state of the art equipment as standard for all Phantoms, to enable our team to enjoy doing their very best work. In addition, whether it’s synths and musical instruments, 3D printers, VR equipment, a treadmill, Peloton bike, library of books, gaming consoles or our stocked up craft workbench – we have an incredible selection of fun, and useful equipment at PHQ that is always available for you to use
Our Pham is always kept fed and hydrated, with a kitchen stocked with tasty snacks, breakfast foods, beverages and an amazing coffee machine. Food is on us throughout the week, whether it’s a breakfast offering one day, to lunch from fantastic local restaurants the next and on Fridays, we wrap up the week with a team sharing session, followed by pizza and bottomless drinks on the house at our very own bar.
Above all else, personal development is incredibly important at Phantom. We are here to support you taking your career to the next level with opportunities for training, plenty of industry participation and regular career progression discussions for your success at Phantom.
Inclusivity at Phantom
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our environment, ideas and work can only be it’s best if our team is representative of all the incredible diversity of thought that exists in the world around us.
All Phantoms are welcomed to our team without regard to ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Keeping you happy and healthy, your Phantom package includes a range of perks and benefits for both inside and outside the studio.
- Secure pension scheme provided by Aviva.
- Private physical and mental health insurance with Vitality. Plus, additional discounted deals on gym memberships, Apple watches, Amazon Prime, cinema tickets and more through your plan.
- Hybrid working, flexible working hours and the opportunity for work from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Bonus annual leave days once you’ve been a part of the Pham for 1 year. Just a little thanks for being such an important part of our team!
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Allocated training budget for every Phantom with continued opportunities for growth and upskilling.
- Our brand is our playground – we’re known for dropping collections featuring our very own Phantom that you’ll be able to contribute to and pick from for free.
- Cyclescheme to save you 25-39% purchasing a bike and accessories.
- A dog-friendly workplace for your chill canine companion.
- Phantom is known for hosting some killer parties and events. Some are for our Pham exclusively (like at Christmas time), or within our industry. Others are in honour of milestones like our anniversary, where we invite our friends, families and collaborators and celebrate another amazing year. Check out Phantom’s 8th birthday party here.
- End of year bonus at the discretion of Phantom, based on both personal and company performance.
One last note
Credentials are one thing, but talent is another. If you feel this role for you without meeting every requirement listed, we’d still love to hear from you.Apply Now