Senior Product Designer
⛩ About Utopia Labs
Every once in a while, a new technology with the potential to change the world emerges—and not just in a “get food delivered faster” or “sync your photos across devices” type of way. At Utopia Labs, we suspect that kind of technology lies with Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs), or communities of global strangers that leverage blockchain technologies to aggregate capital and facilitate equitable decision-making without relying on centralized institutions.
To that end, we want to accelerate a future of community-driven collaboration by unlocking the full potential of DAOs and empowering them to achieve operational excellence. Of course, nothing worth doing is easy, and supporting DAOs is no exception: the space is plagued with problems related to organizational design, contributor engagement, and uncertain regulatory statuses.
However, we see these problems as opportunities. And since our formation in late 2021, Utopia Labs has launched collaborative financial tools to ease the administrative burden of DAO operations. We are subsequently proud to have partnered with leading organizations (including Gitcoin, Lido Finance, and Friends with Benefits) to facilitate more than 150 million dollars in payments, which reflects our beginnings of enabling treasury insights and communal transparency.
🎨 About Design at Utopia Labs
In 2022, we started to pave a path in service of product-market fit by reinvesting in our core features and developing an initial product strategy for our team to rally around. In the new year, we hope to put our efforts to the test by exploring customers’ willingness to pay, as well as strengthening and expanding our core value propositions.
To that end, we are looking to bring on a new member to Utopia Labs’ small but mighty Product Design team. You’ll work alongside Josiah and Jihern to help the team continually evolve its product vision and strategy; introduce new product surface areas and features, as well as iterate on existing ones; and stand up a growing design practice at Utopia Labs.
- Support initiatives that continually evolve and communicate our team’s product vision and strategy
- Support initiatives that translate our product vision and strategy into a tangible roadmap
- Design high-quality web experiences that embody beauty through simplicity, effectiveness, and reliability
- Use research, analytics, and first principles to guide and evaluate product design decisions
- Contribute to Eden, our design system
- Collaborate closely with fellow designers, product managers, product marketers, and engineers
- Evolve Utopia Labs’ design practice by advocating for and standing up programs that elevate our Product Design team’s influence within the company and the Web3 industry at large
- 4+ years of experience
- A portfolio with a history of impactful projects that showcase a systems-based and user-centric approach to design
- Experience taking products or features from 0 to 1, as well as scaling existing ones
- Strong UX, interaction, and visual design skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
- A bias for action and tenacious focus on how your work impacts users and the business
- Fluency in commonly used design software and best practices for product design
- Experience facilitating design systems, user research, content design, and/or brand design
- Demonstrated interest or experience with Web3, blockchain, crypto, and/or DAOs
- Demonstrated interest or experience with open and community-driven platforms
Perks & Benefits
🎒 Health and wellbeing
We offer top-of-the-line benefits, including health, mental health, dental, and vision insurance.
💻 Equipment and software
Utopia will cover the costs for any new top-of-the-line equipment needed; we also cover a wide arrange of productivity and work quality software.
🛌 Time off
We want people to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. We offer a 3 week paid vacation, 4 mental health days, as well as 10 observed holidays by country.
🌴Retreats and conferences
We’re remote first working together in person as a team unlocks powerful bonds and productivity. We hold quarterly retreats to make build-in times for us to work together in person. We also cover team conference trips as additional ways to connect and work together.
🐣 Parental leave
Our parental leave policy offers biological, adoptive, and foster parents paid time off to spend quality time with family.
🥗 Lunch on us
You’ll have a very generous 600-dollar-a-month meal stipend to cover food costs in any way of your choosing.
👯 Join a DAO on us!
New hires also get a 500 USDC bonus towards joining a Token or NFT DAO of their choice!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pryceandstuffApply Now