Senior Product Designer, US
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Chainalysis is the key voice in building trust in blockchains today, collaborating with the world’s leading government agencies, cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions, and cybersecurity companies in over 60 countries. Our data platform powers investigation, compliance, and risk management tools that have been used to solve some of the world’s most high-profile cyber criminal cases and ensure global access to cryptocurrency safely.
Architects of delightful and feature-full experiences, the Product Design team strives to build products that are impactful, valuable, and easy to use. Our guiding principle is that we are user-obsessed, from initial kickoff down to every last detail of the finishing touches. We appreciate designers that are intellectually curious, love cross-functional team collaboration, and are devoted to honing their craft. As a senior product designer, we expect you to skillfully utilize your product, interaction, and visual toolkit to build innovative, user-friendly experiences for a diverse, global audience.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You feel fully confident collaborating with product managers and engineers to set the long and short term roadmap of the product
- You own the end-to-end user journey, from ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to final production
- You tell powerful stories about your work with the ability to tailor your content to different audiences
- You iteratively build solutions that balance delightful usability, functionality, and technical flexibility
- You document and build on design systems as they pertain to your product and provide guidance on cross-product design strategy
- You are comfortable with autonomy and actively provide direction to other designers within your team
- You inspire and are inspired by other designers to stoke a culture of candor, quality work, and growth
- You both welcome and actively solicit feedback from cross-functional teams to build better work processes and cultivate your partnerships with others
- You are a proactive champion for design thinking across the organization and actively work to push the boundaries of innovation and efficiency in your design process
- You are devoted to excellence and continually raise the bar for quality across every design touchpoint in the organization
A background like this helps:
- Proven track record of working within a product team to ship successful experiences to users
- Excellence and efficiency in using Figma, Sketch, or Adobe Creative Suite
- Outstanding visual design aesthetics combined with holistic UX understanding
- Strong portfolio of past work that showcases using best-in-class interaction and visual design as tools to drive product growth
- Solid understanding on how to build scalable, modular designs that delight users, satisfy business goals, and meet technical requirements
- Values the importance of over-communication and detail-driven documentation, especially when collaborating with remote colleagues in different time zones
- Passion for asking the right questions and ability to leverage all available resources–such as conducting user research or delving into analytics–to formulate solutions to complex problems
- Entrepreneurial mindset and exceptionally proactive about guiding strategic thinking in a greenfield, innovative product space
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with or a working knowledge of front-end component libraries, like AntDesign or Google Material Design
- Have experience with B2B, fintech, or especially, cryptocurrency products
- You have previously worked on technical products and data visualizations
The base salary range for this role is $133,700 to $167,100 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role. Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.Apply Now