Senior Smart Contract Developer
Aragon is a small team of people that spans a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geographies. We’re entrepreneurs and Ph.D.s, technologists and skeptics, troublemakers and problem solvers, who are striving to realize the Aragon Manifesto by designing and building unstoppable tooling for the creation and management of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs).
Aragon has overseen the production of the leading smart contract framework for DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their own apps with DAO functionality.
As a Senior Smart Contract Developer at Aragon, you will be joining the OS squad, where you’ll play a pivotal role in building, maintaining, and shaping the future of the Aragon OSx protocol. Our platform empowers both in-house and third-party developers to craft the next wave of digital organizations.
💪 What do we expect from a Senior Smart Contract Developer?
- Transform developer needs into technical designs and production-ready code, always considering the user.
- Understand developer motivations behind choosing our protocol, ensuring their needs are reflected across the whole developer experience.
- Lead projects from inception to live maintenance, emphasizing secure and high-quality delivery at every phase.
- Exhibit deep expertise in Solidity, having not just deployed smart contracts but designed intricate contract architectures addressing real-world business challenges.
- Own and champion one or more components of our tech stack, upkeeping in-depth documentation and being the “go to” source of truth, yet help ensure knowledge stays distributed across the team.
- Foster enthusiastic collaboration with other product and engineering squads, further deepening everyone’s knowledge of the ever-expanding technologies of web3.
- Engage in daily stand-ups, knowing when your expertise is critical, and step up to proactively solve your teammate’s challenges.
⚠️ Minimum requisites
- 5+ years delivering software to real users, ideally in a fast-paced startup environment
- Expert-level Solidity experience, including the design and optimization of advanced smart contract systems
- Familiarity with or contributions to Ethereum EIPs
- Deep understanding of ENS integrations, meta-transactions, account abstraction, and Layer 2 solutions
- Proven contributions to open-source projects within blockchain, cryptography, decentralized systems, or the broader web3 ecosystem
- Understanding of how to work in an agile environment, using git flows, and tools like Jira and Github
- Passionate about the possibilities of decentralized autonomous organizations and the impacts they may have on how humans work together to solve problems
- Excellent English and technical communication – both written and oral
💡 Bonus skills
- Strong foundation in smart contract security, with a history of successful audits and knowledge of common vulnerabilities
- Experience or certification in formal verification of smart contracts
- Knowledge or hands on experience working with other parts of our stack, like React, GraphQL, IPFS, and Hardhat
- Demonstrated experience using Go or Rust
- Proven mentoring skills, fostering a culture of growth and learning within teams
We value freedom and responsibility among our contributors. In practice, this means that we’re a remote distributed organization that’s flexible as to where you want to work and your schedule, as long as you’re within +/- 5 hours of UTC. We will trust you to accommodate to best support your team.
You will get all of the resources needed to be effective, whether its for setting up your remote work environment or a personal development budget.
This role reports to Eagle Ops, a Swiss AG dedicated to advancing the Aragon Project. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting a community of DAO creators, developers, and users experimenting with new forms of social coordination and governance.Apply Now