Senior Software Engineer, Crypto Trading
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team
Robinhood’s Crypto Trading team designs, builds, and supports the backend services that power our core crypto products, with the goal of building the world’s best crypto trading platform. As a Senior Software Engineer you will have a highly visible and impactful role at a relatively small company. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges.
The majority of the team is located on the west coast in Menlo Park, CA with some presence in New York City, NY.
What you’ll do day-to-day
- Design scalable systems and components, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Lead, build, test, and release product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements.
- Collaborate with our frontend and data teams to fine tune our REST APIs supporting millions of customers.
- Work closely with Product, Design, and Platform teams to drive the vision for the future of Robinhood Crypto.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ years experience writing low latency, large scale distributed systems.
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems and good intuition for REST API design.
- A proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team.
- Strong technical grasp with excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems that deliver results aligned with team objectives.
- Experience in trading or financial services
- Experience working with blockchains and related systems
Technologies we use
- Python/Go and Django as the main languages and frameworks of choice
- PostgreSQL and DynamoDB as our primary data stores
- Kafka, Memcached, Redis
- AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.