Senior Typescript Engineer, SDKs and APIs
Mysten Labs believes that decentralized and open protocols are the bedrock of the internet of value. This is why at Mysten Labs, we are creating foundational infrastructure to accelerate the adoption of decentralized protocols based on blockchain technologies.
Crypto products are notoriously unfriendly to non-experts, yet hiding too much of what’s going on under the hood can undermine the trust that the technology is designed to ensure. We are looking for Software Engineers who can navigate this tension with rigor and good taste.
As part of the Frontend & Apps team, you will help build the mission-critical platform and tooling for the Sui network. As these are the principal way that the ecosystem interacts with Sui, your impact is highly-visible, supporting all developers, partners, and projects/dApps building on Sui. You will create new Typescript SDKs, APIs, and adapters that enable developers to efficiently and intuitively interact with Sui and the Move language, drive standards across the ecosystem, build data platform/infrastructure for dApps to run at scale, and design new architectures to support future dApp challenges.
What You’ll Do:
- You will work closely with our core network and SDK team to help define, build and standardize API functionalities.
- You will work closely with the Developer Relations, Documentation, and Partnership teams prioritizing partner/community requirements to address developer pain points and increase their velocity.
- You will identify patterns in developer needs, architect and build new platforms and services to increase dApp scalability.
- You will be involved with all aspects of the development process of both tooling and platform projects – from vision to deployment.
- You will engage with a community of open source developers on projects that encompass many different frameworks and languages, and help onboard them into the ecosystem
- You will collaborate with the team on code review and design, and contribute to best practices for all of engineering.
- You will continually investigate and improve inefficiencies and bottlenecks with our existing services and APIs.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- At least 4 years of experience in developing web apps and shipping user-facing features with Typescript and modern, component-based JS frameworks like React.
- Experience in building APIs and supporting production services at scale.
- Expertise with TypeScript and interest/familiarity with a low-level programming language such as Rust, Go, or C/C++.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills needed to partner effectively with teams in a fully remote environment, and the ability to discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- A solid understanding of software design patterns, and how to build components that are reusable, extensible, and modular.
- Comfort with diving deeper into the stack to fix a bug or add a feature that will improve the end-to-end user experience
Our team is remote first and we are hiring across the world. Here at Mysten Labs, you’ll be joining a world-class team with tremendous growth potential as we bring the next billion users to web3. We raised a $300M Series B round from top Silicon Valley led venture funds like Jump Crypto, Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Binance Labs, Redpoint, Lightspeed, Coinbase Ventures, Electric Capital, Standard Crypto, NFX, Slow Ventures, Scribble Ventures, Samsung Next, Lux Capital, among other investment firms and strategic partners. Come join us and build the future of web3!Apply Now