Senior UX Product Designer
Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let’s build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2022 was in Lisbon!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
**Temporary short term contractors do not receive the above benefits
About The Role:
The Product team uses creativity, insights, and operational excellence to steer our product vision across Pagoda and the NEAR Ecosystem. This team of designers, open source advocates, and product managers work in a highly collaborative environment to build the products and experiences that bring our community together in new and special ways.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to be a creative leader who looks to collaborate inclusively throughout the design process and evolve the way Pagoda operates. You will lead the next generation of User Experience in the NEAR Ecosystem as we scale our product and our teams into a new bold direction. You dare to simplify, thrive in a fast paced environment, and excel at getting complex cross functional initiatives over the finish line and doing so in a collaborative environment with open source community contributions at your heart.
The mission of this position is to rapidly create web and mobile application interfaces, engage feedback from stakeholders both internally and from the community, and work with builders to help shape the direction and usability of the product.
- What You’ll Be Doing:
- Product Design
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Help deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity interface and interaction design
- Design and ship high quality product improvements to existing products as well as new features
- Help to establish, document, and implement a new design system, setting us up to scale our team and product
- Work on features with ownership end-to-end, from the research phase all the way through to implementation
- Identify problems, define goals and opportunities, test hypotheses and prototype solutions, perform user research, and collaborate closely with engineers
- Facilitate design reviews and usability testing to gather feedback on your directions and proposed solutions.
- Coordinate and perform user research, to make sure we’re always talking to our users and listening to their feedback
- Perform regular competitive analysis to learn about how other products are approaching similar problems in order to determine how we might approach these problems ourselves.
- Synthesize and incorporate feedback from research into product and design. Turn user feedback into actionable change.
- Gather feedback internally, from the NEAR ecosystem and community, and iterate based on the needs we identify
What We’re Looking For:
- Ideally 5+ years of professional design experience across UI/UX, user research and app design.
- Building design systems using tools like Figma
- Experience with building interfaces to enable creators to create
- Professional experience working in fast-paced startup teams and with multiple applications.
- A relentless hunger to learn.
- Blazing intelligence and a world class standard of execution.
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related fields is a must
We’d Love If You Have:
- Web and mobile design experience
- Open source and community engagement experience
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30 minutes)
- Team Interviews (3 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you’ll ideally be located in North America or Europe.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.Apply Now