Smart Contracts Full-stack engineer
About IOV Labs
Our purpose is to build a more decentralized world for a freer and fairer financial future.
We develop technology to re-engineer the way value is created and moved around the world.
Our mission is bold. Our vision is big, and our purpose is deep.
We achieve our objectives as a team by using the IOVlabs values as our guiding principles.
Our values reflect the fact that we’re a global, distributed team that embraces complex and revolutionary decentralized technologies, guided by a strong social purpose.
IOV Labs is on a mission to provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralized tools and technology to build a new global economy. IOV Labs promotes, develops, and supports the operation of the RSK Blockchain, a Turing-complete Bitcoin merge-mined smart contract platform – the most secure smart contract platform in the world. IOV Labs also develops the RSK Infrastructure Framework (RIF) to provide our partners with everything they need to build decentralized apps and new Open Finance services on the RSK Blockchain. RSK Users range from people securing their savings in Argentina, to workers sending home remittance payments from overseas. RSK is quickly becoming the emerging market blockchain.
If you’re keen to join the technological revolution at IOV Labs, keep reading!
About the Role
We are looking for a smart contracts full-stack engineer. If you love challenges, solving complex tasks and generating impact on millions of people, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building new Web3 product from their inception
- Contribute directly to decentralized technologies on the RSK Platform
- Help FE Teams build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Regularly monitor and improve app performance, diagnose and fix bugs
- Illustrate architectural ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Identify and troubleshoot API problems (e.g. performance, rate limiting, etc)
What You Bring to the Table
- 1-3 years of experience developing original smart contracts with Solidity
- 1-3 years of experience developing with NodeJS
- 1-3 years of experience with Hardhat, Truffle, Brownie or a comparable framework
- 5+ years of general software development experience (knows and can apply agile)
- Ability to prioritize and organize operationally complex work, with great attention to detail; are accountable by default
- Self-driven, autonomous, personality with a desire to develop protocols that will have an impact
- You are comfortable with API integrations
- You have contributed to open source projects
- You use automated testing tools, browser-based debugging, and performance testing tools daily, and can implement CI/CD
- Advanced English language proficiency
Bonus Points/Nice to have skills:
- Experience with modern Solidity stack (hardhat, truffle, various plugins, package managers, linters, code coverage etc.)
- Experience debugging and simulation of contract interaction with local nodes (e.g. hardhat and ganache,
- You have worked on the projects that have been audited
- Contributed to a blockchain-related, open source project
- Experience working in the cross-chain bridging or interoperability space
- Familiarity with DeFi
- Familiarity with tokenomics
- Knowledge of the EVM and gas optimization
- Experience developing with Golang
What You’ll Get Back!
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Laptop and other working tools you might need
- 100% remote working (contractor) from anywhere in the world
- Possibility to work at your nearest WeWork space
- Flexible working hours. You’re free to work however you work best
- Paid holidays and personal leave days
- Opportunity to work with state of art technology in a challenging and unique project
- Internationally diverse and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Training programs to learn everything about the crypto world
- Weekly scientific moments by our Research & Innovation team to learn about technology, challenges and solutions in the blockchain world
- Language courses: English, Spanish or Chinese
- Employee assistance program offering legal, financial, family, psychological and wellness counseling for you and your family
Our Mission, Vision, & Purpose
- Our purpose is to… build a more decentralized world, for a freer and fairer future
- Our vision is… a safe and equitable global financial system that enables everyone to participate and prosper
- We’re on a mission to… provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralized tools and technology to build a new global economy
We’re excited to see what you’re made of!
IOV Labs embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.Apply Now