Social Media Manager (Music and Film)
Gala Games was founded with one goal in mind: to give power back to the gamers.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people across the world. We are breaking down barriers to bring our gaming community joy, entertainment, and real-world value. At Gala Games, we work remotely and flexibly, we like each other, and we love getting things done.
Working at Gala Games, you’ll think and make things that are new and exciting. Through your talents and efforts, you will improve the lives of gamers in the real world.
Gala has a newly created unique opportunity for a Social Media Manager. In this role you will be responsible for shaping and delivering our entertainment social strategy, creating engaging text and video content, managing posts and responding to our followers in multiple communities and on multiple platforms. You will work closely with our entertainment teams in order to manage Gala’s brand and to achieve our wider marketing strategies.
To be successful in this role we expect you to be analytical and up to date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent skills in communication and creative writing. You will be key in maintaining and expanding our customer engagement and web traffic.” Experience within Film or Music related industries is desirable
- Under the direction of the Marketing Lead, you will develop and execute the social media function across all social channels for Music and Film
- Work closely with internal and external teams to develop engaging tactics with our user-generated content, music (e.g., pre-releases, artist clips) and third-party (e.g. PR, influencers, bloggers) content.
- Coordinate all user-generated content and requests and respond to community questions and feedback.
- Build strong relationships with external partners, social media contacts and others in the music, technology, and small business spaces.
- Moderate and manage brand presence on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant platforms daily.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of proven Social Media Manager with entertainment industry experience
- Advanced working knowledge of digital media trends and strategies, with an emphasis on social media and content marketing.
- Hands-on experience in content planning management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of Search Engine optimisation, keyword research, Google Analytics and social media scheduling and reporting tools
- Self-starter who thrives with the autonomy to recommend and initiate work on projects with minimal direction.
Nice-to-Have Skills and Qualifications
- Experience and passion for film, music, pop culture and technology
- Experience working with Blockchain, NFT, and/or Cryptocurrency technologies
- Love of entertainment and desire to work for a company that is challenging the status quo.
- Comfort with working remotely on a full-time basis
Gala Games is an equal opportunity employer and adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary (Location Dependent)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave