Software Engineer, Integrations
Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2022 in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
NEAR Protocol is a developer-first blockchain that emphasizes convenience and speed of development on the NEAR platform while minimizing the entrance barrier for developers coming from the blockchain ecosystem, as well as regular web and mobile development space.
We are looking for a productive and meticulous engineer who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable with challenging technical problems, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We are looking for an empathetic engineer to work on integrations with various important partners, including exchanges, custody providers, dApps and wallets. In this role you will communicate with important partners to understand their needs and help them successfully integrate with NEAR. The success of these integrations is crucial to the overall growth of the entire NEAR ecosystem.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Help partners integrate with NEAR by providing engineering support, answering their technical questions, co-developing products with them;
- Work with partner product managers and technical stakeholders to gather partner feedback and work with internal teams to deliver product improvements;
- Work with the protocol teams to implement features that are important to the success of certain important partners;
- Maintain existing integrations with important partners;
What We’re Looking For:
- Ability to quickly learn and grasp complex engineering concepts; we expect you to obtain a decent understanding of various aspects of the blockchain protocol;
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities;
- Being comfortable with diving in multiple parts of a technology stack and quickly navigate through it;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
We’d Love If You Have:
- Prior experience working on business-critical integrations;
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies;
- Experience working at a startup;
- Prior experience with systems level languages
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Technical & Leadership Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you’ll ideally be located in Americas or Europe.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.Apply Now