Staff Software Engineer, Application (Future Opportunities)
Dune is on a mission to make crypto data accessible. We’re a collaborative multi-blockchain analytics platform which is used by thousands of developers, analysts, investors and community members to better understand how the crypto ecosystem works.
We are now ~55 employees, globally distributed across the world 🌍️. We cherish working on a product that empowers our users to create and do their own research in an open community first manner.
We’re backed by some of the world’s best investors. In February 2022, we announced that we’ve raised our Series B funding, led by Coatue 🦄 to double down on our mission of making crypto data accessible! We’ll use the funds to educate, reward and empower a new generation of on-chain analysts aka Dune Wizards 🧙♀️
If you want to have one of the highest impact jobs on the planet come join our wonderful team of Galaxy brains.
Learn more about us:
The data must flow
***Please note that this job posting is not for us to hire immediately, but for future opportunities***
About the role
Dune is a small team building large things. We are generalist engineers who pick up any and all challenges together. We like to think and design before jumping into coding. We mainly use Go and TypeScript to build scalable systems that are easy to build upon.
As a software engineer in Dune focused on our applications you will play a key role in ensuring a world class experience for our users and customers on duneanalytics.com. Our application is written in Typescript, uses React and Next.js, talks GraphQL to an Hasura API and is hosted on Vercel.
In this role you will:
- Work with PMs, designers and other engineers to build new features and improve the user experience on Dune.
- Minimize downtime and latency across our application stack.
- Make life easier for users browsing content on Dune, through implementing e.g. content curation and social features.
- Make life better for users creating queries and dashboards, through improving and iterating on the Dune query editor.
- Write mostly Typescript with an emphasis on good design, tests and performance.
- Collaborate in a respectful team environment that is fully distributed
You might be a great fit for this role if:
- You are a strong generalist with fundamental computer science knowledge. You use this knowledge to easily adapt to new technologies and scenarios, and to find the right solutions for the problems at hand.
- You have a background in building usable and performant web applications.
- You have an understanding of distributed system design, or the drive to learn if you’re a more junior engineer. Our work is as much about understanding and designing systems as it is about coding in a particular language.
- You have great collaboration and communication skills. We work on the principle that the best output emerges from effective team work and respectful/constructive discussions.
- Coding experience in Typescript, along with a zeal for writing well-designed, testable code
Perks and Benefits
- A competitive salary and equity package 🚀
- Our employee equity scheme have world class employee friendly terms with a heavily discounted strike price (~70%) and a 10 year exercise window 🙌
- 🏖 5 weeks PTO + local public holidays (that can be swapped to suit you)
- 🧑💻 A fully remote first approach with truly flexible working hours within a distributed team – you structure your own day, enabling huge flexibility
- Good health is important, so we offer Dune employees private medical insurance as standard 🩺
- We believe in paid parental leave 👶 to help you celebrate this important milestone, transition to your new life, and bond with your new baby. We offer 16 weeks to primary caregivers and 6 weeks to secondary caregivers, fully paid. Plus a 2 week part time phased return at full pay to help you get used to your new (and slightly more complex!) schedule.
- Regular offsites with the team in various exciting locations (we went to Tuscany 🇮🇹 earlier this year and have just returned from a week in Berlin 🇩🇪 )
- On top of this 👆 each person gets a travel allowance to use to connect and co-work with someone or a team of people for a few days.
- Stipend for setting up your home office / co-working space
- Work with some of the best people you’ll ever get to meet!
- And of course, you get some awesome Dune swag! ✌️😎
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.Apply Now