Staff Software Engineer
Tokens are emerging as a new asset class with remarkable potential. We started Magna because we saw an opportunity to help protocol teams streamline their token operations as they scale so they can focus on their product. We want to help onboard the next generation of founders and operations, finance, and HR professionals into crypto.
If you’re an experienced engineer who values excellence, consider joining us as a Staff Software Engineer. At Magna, we’ve build a token management platform that has transacted hundreds of millions of dollars worth of assets. We’re backed by some of the best investors across the crypto ecosystem, and have built a recognized brand in the crypto space.
In the Staff Software Engineer role, you’ll play a pivotal part in architecting and optimizing our systems, contributing to advancing the foundational layers of how digital assets are managed and distributed. If you value intricate technical challenges and seek a position with tangible impact on both the company and the crypto sector as a whole, we’d like to explore this journey with you.
Why work at Magna?
We’re a highly technical team
- We love the openness and transparency of web3, but we’re working in the space because of the deep technical challenges that reward builders.
- The blockchain isn’t just a distributed ledger anymore, it’s a distributed state machine. At Magna, we’re not just building a new paradigm of software — we’re also trying to leverage the best of web2 while we’re at it. It’s amazing fun if you’re a developer who’s new to web3 and able to appreciate a lot of beautiful technical-first design decisions for the first time. (Have you ever tried to match a CUSIP number before?? It’s painful.)
- We’re a well-funded company with runway that can last us through the bear market
- A downtown NYC office with our own rooftop – We have a 3,300 sqft office in Soho, with a private roof. We operate on a hybrid model, where most employees come in a couple of times per week.
- Hardware — Whatever you need to get things done, plus a stipend to set up your home office.
- Learning budget — Buy courses and attend conferences or hackathons.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend — Take care of yourself, whatever that means for you!
- Unlimited Vacation — Take time off when you need it – 2 week minimum.
- Top-notch healthcare plans — We offer the best available platinum PPO and other similar plans that give you the most options with the lowest deductibles.
- Ability to take ownership and build out functions within your department
- Spearhead and lead technical initiatives to 10x our product’s impact.
- Develop user-friendly applications that adhere to industry standards.
- Foster code modularity within our team through rigorous peer code reviews, enhancing team efficiency, and amplifying the scalability of our codebase.
- 5 – 7 years in a software engineering role.
- Demonstrated leadership in projects impacting large user bases or significant assets.
- A collaborative mindset with a strong inclination for continuous learning.
- Experience thriving in dynamic environments that value precision and agility.
- Adaptable to changing sprint cycles and adeptly navigate critical challenges.
- Mastery of our tech stack (or equivalents): TypeScript, Next, Postgres, Prisma, GraphQL.
- Preference for engineers located in NYC (hybrid work), but open to remote work for exceptional candidates.
At Magna, our multi-chain dapp is powered by a diverse tech suite, including TypeScript, Next.js, React, GraphQL, and native blockchain languages like Solidity and Rust.
While not compulsory, you’d stand out with:
- Knowledge of smart contracts and various blockchains.
- Experience in sectors that prioritize security and correctness (including fintech or government work).
- Experience working with DevOps or data infrastructure
Why You’d Excel Here
- Engineering Passion: You’re not just skilled; you’re enthusiastic about technology. You’re a person of the craft who appreciates getting it right the first time. We don’t let perfect get in the way of good, but we are also thoughtful and intentional about how we do things.
- Strategic Problem-Solving: You couple critical thinking with effective execution and like to think through problems from different angles, including taking into account the end customer’s context and goals. You’ll work closely with our Product team to incorporate our directional goals into what you build.
Take advantage of this opportunity to contribute significantly to our journey, advancing token operations into new territories. Your expertise will serve as a foundation as we explore innovation and set new standards of excellence in financial systems.Apply Now