Team Lead Front-End – Ledger Connect
We’re making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone. Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 15% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in the UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 800 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Have a look at our Origins video here.
Ledger Live is an application to manage all your blockchain-backed assets. It’s built in React.js (Electron on Desktop and React Native on mobile) and supports multiple blockchains (coins & NFTs) as well as provides multiple services by integrating DApps and offering a SDK for 3rd parties to integrate. Finally, all this is backed by our hardware wallets which Ledger Live allows you to manage.
To sustain the company’s growth, Ledger is looking for a new talent, to work on Engineering team management, evolution & performance. Reporting directly to the Ledger Live Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for a team of engineers to build an entire part of the Ledger Live software.
– Lead your team of engineers and meet regularly with direct reports to provide frequent feedback on their work
– Focused on and responsible for the team’s productivity and collective impact
– Drive recruitment, performance assessments, training and career development
– Help individuals set goals and work to ensure employee growth and retention goals
– Drive a constant improvement to team practices
– Actively learning how to handle difficult management situations
– Developed in React.js professionally and able to drive a project from end-to-end
– Well versed in engineering best practices (e.g. reviews, pair programming, branching strategy, tests)
– Understand and practice scrum software development and management
– Actively participate in the sprint delivery
– Account for quality, performance and security into deliverables
– Responsible for monitoring tech metrics- Consistently come up with innovative solutions and elicit innovative thinking from others
– Ensure technical alignment with company
– Scale oneself by delegating effectively; ensure tasks are completed as specified without micromanaging
– Collaborate closely with Delivery Managers, Product Owners and Designers to assess feasibility, provide technical recommendations, help estimating and planning
– Manage clear expectations of the team’s delivery and communicate changes in a timely way
– Leverage process to ensure the team is predictable
– Ensure practices are followed to meet acceptance criteria and Ledger’s quality bar
– Protect team processes to maintain sustainability and team morale
- Leadership & Communication
– Positive “can do” attitude and role model for others
– Communicate the vision helping making it a reality
– Be the link with other teams
– Tracking and Communicating progress/risk/issues to stakeholders
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience in managing software teams
- Strong experience in React.js development, tools and libraries
- B.S. Computer Science degree, or equivalent professional experience
- You love developing and growing people
- Good knowledge of browsers and web APIs
- Knowledge of UI/UX practices in software development
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Enthusiast about hiring new talent and building a team
- Excellent presentation and written communication
- Passionate about blockchains and interested in cryptocurrencies is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow.
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy.
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage.
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners.
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days.
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products.
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation.
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age.Apply Now
$90,000 - $150,000 *
| Remote | Paris, France
03 January 2023Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let Ledger Connect know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.