Technical Writer (Toronto)
ChainSafe is a leading blockchain research and development firm specializing in infrastructure solutions for the decentralized web. Alongside its contributions to significant ecosystems such as Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin, Mina, and more, ChainSafe creates solutions for developers and teams across the web3 space utilizing our expertise in gaming, bridging, NFTs, and decentralized storage. As part of the mission to build innovative products for users and better tooling for developers, ChainSafe embodies an open-source and community-oriented ethos.
To learn more about ChainSafe, look at our Discord, GitHub, and website.
Here’s what you need to know before reading on:
- Our progressive tech stack includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript
- We spearhead ecosystem projects like Lodestar, Web3.js, Forest, Mina-rs, and Gossamer
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors
At ChainSafe, you’ll be part of a team that believes in the community’s vital importance and contributes to advancing humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
About the role
We are seeking a dedicated technical writer to join us! You will collaborate with other writers and content creators to develop useful, engaging content and campaigns to grow our user base. Your duties will include working on all aspects of ChainSafe’s content output. You will not be expected to deliver images with your content.
Below are some of the responsibilities a technical writer is expected to assume:
- Work with project managers and developers to create content that drives business goals
- Refine technical information and other various materials for explaining products and services
- Use previously selected fonts and other typographic elements
- Ensure projects are completed on time and meet quality standards
- Suggest best practices and optimizations throughout content generation process
- Collaborate and develop new approaches for creating more engaging and impactful content
- Manage complex information and multiple projects within content specifications and budget restrictions
- Use company brand voice and messaging for written pieces to reinforce the company culture
- Create technical documents that convey accurate messaging for the project
- Edit and revise content as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in a technical field
- 2+ years of experience producing content for a developer audience
- An ability to think analytically and string together a compelling argument
- Familiarity in Google Suite, Notion, Hubspot, and PDF software such as Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Minimum of two years experience in tech-heavy writing
- Fluency in English or the desired language
- Time management and organizational skills
- Person needs to be located in Toronto, Canada
Nice to have:
- Have an existing social media following
- Experience using figma, has familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Experience with both print and digital media formats
- Prior web3 experience i.e.crypto-native/blockchain
Why Join Us:
At ChainSafe, we are a compassionate group of builders and makers, working to bring our ideas to life. You’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advance humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas
ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We offer opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, value autonomy and responsibility, and have a results-driven environment, flexible work hours and time-off policy, as well as competitive salary.
How to Apply Please fill out the Greenhouse application form below and ensure that you attach your resume and link your LinkedIn.
We care deeply about our values and look for these in every team member: A dedication to self-improvement and professional development, a commitment to community and collaboration, a drive for accountability, diligence, and autonomy, and above all fostering a place of acceptance, friendliness, and compassion.Apply Now