Token Economics Specialist (Logos)
Status is an organization building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. We have been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe. We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has a minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
A group of Status Contributors is also involved in a new community lead project, called Logos, and this particular role will enable you to also focus on this project. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption-resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens.
Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions – paving the way to economic opportunities for those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.You can read more about Logos here: in this small handbook for mindful readers like yourself.
Who are we?
We are the Blockchain Infrastructure Team, and we are building the foundation used by other projects at the Status Network. We are researching consensus algorithms, Multi-Party Computation techniques, ZKPs and other cutting-edge solutions with the aim to take the blockchain technology to the next level of security, decentralization and scalability for a wide range of use cases. We are currently in a research phase, working with models and simulations. In the near future, we will start implementing the research. You will have the opportunity to participate in developing -and improving- the state of the art of blockchain technologies, as well as turning it into a reality.
- Research, analyse, develop & test mechanism/incentive design of projects under Logos
- Research & analyse the migration of SNT to Logos and subsequent project token clones from that distribution
- Analyse current token mechanics risks and architect a variety of solutions
- Develop financial models of complex systems
- Give visibility to other projects (Finance and portfolio governance)
- Analyse and understand the total value of various mechanism/incentive models
Ideally you will have:
- A background in economics; degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Experience with analyzing, creating and testing token mechanics & incentives
- Understanding and experience of application of market design, mechanism design and token design concepts
- Able to integrate sustainable tokenomics into already established economies/assets
- Working knowledge of common financial models including modern portfolio theory, generalized hyperbolic distributions and their subclasses, bonding curves, etc.
- Extensive interest and exposure to web3 and the trends/technology, including smart contracts, NFTs, DAOs, tokens, blockchains, and crypto as a whole.
- Extensive experience with tokens, including creation, minting, yield farming, issuing, burning and staking
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if
- Experience with cryptography
- Familiarity with statistica programming languages & tools such as Python, R, Mathematica, Wolfram Alpha, etc.
- Experience having previously written or involved with creation of whitepapers
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience working for an open source organization.
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!]
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
- Interview with Angel (People Ops team)
- Interview with Corey (Logos Program Owner)
- Interview with Jarrad (Cofounder)