Transaction Monitoring Analyst
About MoonPay 🌖💸
Hi, we’re MoonPay. We’re here to onboard the world to Web3.
Why? Because we think Web3 is a unique and democratizing technology. It gives people back control of their money, digital identity, data, and property like nothing else before it.
What we do
We’re the leading infrastructure company in Web3. This means we offer our partners everything from payment solutions (we call them ‘Ramps’) to minting software for digital collectibles, like NFTs. And over 16 million people around the world now trust our products — just take a look on Trustpilot.
We’re also big on collaborations. And we’ve worked on stunts, drops, and partnerships with some of the world’s most prestigious and forward-thinking brands.
But that’s not all. At the start of 2023, we launched our own consumer app because we wanted to see if we could build a better Web3 account. It’s taken off in a big way, so we’re working to hone it further.
So whatever your background, we’re sure there’s something for you here. Come help us build the future of Web3 and digital ownership.
About the position:
As a Transaction Monitoring Analyst, you’ll join our team at MoonPay to support the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) to ensure that the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all Group standards relating to anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing (AML).
This role will be responsible for conducting transaction monitoring reviews to ensure efficient monitoring and detection of potential money laundering, terrorist financing, or illicit activities and escalate such activity for additional review.
This role will work independently and closely with the Transaction Monitoring Manager, Blockchain Team Lead, and/or applicable Head of Compliance in international operational jurisdictions to ensure that all BSA/AML related matters are addressed in a timely manner and in accordance with MoonPay’s Compliance BSA/AML policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML/BSA, able to work independently and as a part of the team, can analyze, assess financial activity/documentation to evaluate potentially unusual activity. We are currently looking for candidates located in Poland (remote work).
- Utilize the Anti-Money Laundering transaction monitoring solution to independently analyze, detect, and assess activity or patterns of activity that does not commensurate with the customer’s profile or expected activity.
- Conduct blockchain wallet screening alerts and/or investigations to include on-chain activity to determine if the activity is potentially suspicious.
- Independently conduct open source searches as applicable to the relevant customer(s), counterparties, and/or transactional activity.
- Analyze transactional activity, along with information collected through internal systems, blockchain screening tools, and open sources and use sound judgment, decision-making skills in making reasonable and well supported alert dispositions with adequate conclusions.
- Prepare clear and concise alert and/or case dispositions of potential suspicious activity detected for various jurisdictions for a Suspicious Transaction Report (STR)/Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) consideration.
- Discuss potentially unusual findings with the Transaction Monitoring Manager, FIU Director, and/or appropriate Head of Compliance to determine the appropriate course of disposition.
- Ensure that transaction monitoring alerts are completed within the established deadlines.
- Submit Request for Information (RFI) to customers for activity requiring enhanced due diligence.
- Refer customers to the Customer Risk Group for EDD when deemed necessary based on reviews and/or information obtained.
- Conduct research using available systems and proprietary tools to identify relevant customer information.
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of Compliance experience in a financial institution, ideally in FinTech and/or MSBs.
- ACAMS / ACFCS or ICA accreditation
- University degree or equivalent work experience or research experience
- Good command of English, both verbal and written
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- Strong ability to analyze data and identify potential red flags
- Detail oriented, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Proven track record of interpreting large amounts of complex information and extracting facts objectively
- Ability and passion to learn and adapt quickly, as the crypto space are constantly evolving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and learn new tools quickly
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Blockchain Analytics Tool certification (e.g. Chainalysis Reactor, TRM Labs, Elliptic, etc)
Our interview process usually takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter interview (~30 minutes)
- Initial interview (~30-45 minutes)
- Take home task (role dependent)
- Virtual onsite (2-3 30 minute interviews)
- Additional conversation (if applicable)
Equity package 📈
Unlimited holidays 🏝
Paid parental leave 👶 🍼
Annual training budget 💻
Home office setup allowance 🪑
Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪
Commitment to diversity:
At MoonPay we believe that every voice matters. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination. That’s why we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are a proud equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including, but not limited to, hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, and leave of absence.
MoonPay is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our job application procedures for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform our Talent Team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.Apply Now