Unifi Protocol Dao is a community founded organization, with the drive, passion, fortitude and ability to be disruptive in the most disruptive industry of our lifetimes. We believe blockchain technology has a crypto problem, so we’re looking to flip the table on the industry and build a blockchain without creating a native currency. How? … Well, apply and you’ll find out.
What would you do here? Simple enough, be a contributing factor in the most ambitious project in one of the most ambitious companies in one of the most disruptive industries in the world. You’re going to be helping us to literally re-think what a blockchain should be. You’ll be a part of a team ripping apart the core tenets of why gas tokens need to be inflationary currencies, how subsidizing validators with network inflation may just be building a tower of chips waiting to be cashed out, and retooling the concept that… maybe in an industry where gas tokens are widely perceived to 100x… that may destroy the possibility for token economies and businesses to thrive.
About Unifi and our Team:
At Unifi Protocol, you will have the opportunity to be heard, and help steer the direction of our organization. We are a tight-knit, highly collaborative group and our team members’ ideas and actions are integral to our success. As a team, we have been building in the blockchain space since 2018. Our aim is to continue building with an emphasis on long-term sustainability, offering solutions that contribute to a stable and successful blockchain economy.
Who you are:
- A background in design, with a passion for emerging technologies, particularly Blockchain!
- Self-motivating to solve new complex challenges with ownership of your accomplishments.
- Possesses the ability to effectively communicate without being authoritative to internal and external teammates.
- You love solving problems with technology, and you take ownership of problems and solutions.
- A team player that is willing to assist wherever needed.
- You are comfortable and adaptable to an ever changing organization and industry.
- You have a high degree of attention to detail, and enjoy the challenge of learning new technologies and systems.
- You can manage ambiguity and are comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction.
Starting at UNIFI:
During the onboarding period, you will be collaborating with the head of our Tech Team to better understand your role and our organization. This position is located in Madrid Spain and requires working in the office 1-2 times per week.
- Strong experience with Adobe Photoshop and Figma.
- Extensive portfolio of work across multiple platforms (UI Design, UX research, etc)
- An appreciation for determining the right control for the right task. Proper use of modals, menus, forms, etc, to allow for intuitive user interactions
- A high level of proficiency with modern UI design and prototyping software.
- Exposure to scrum/agile work methods
- Excellent understanding of layout, typography, color, photography usage, and other design principles
- Capable of rapid iteration and experimentation
- Examples of your design systems work, including usage documentation (an entire library to review would be tops) and engineering deliverables
- Case study on how and why you came up with the design systems and components you created
- A showcase of designs that have been shipped to production using the system you established
- Establishing and maintaining our design system, freeing up time for the rest of the tech team to spend more time coding.
- Collaborate closely with design partners to define, maintain and improve components in Figma and with engineers to integrate robust and reusable components into component libraries.
- Document design principles, accessibility guidelines, UI states, and interactions.
- Sketch and present mock-ups of potential UI solutions
- Partner with developers to ensure creative styles are within technical constraints
- Perform wireframe iterations based on feedback from internal reviews
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to the tech team
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Auditing new designs and existing pieces of the product to ensure interaction and component consistency
- Be a contributing part of a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on collaborative culture and problem solving.